This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

On the plus side (ha ha!), this month is going to be really solid for PS+ Extra level subscribers:

I’m really looking forward to Kena. I figured it would show up eventually! Doom Eternal is another I’m open to trying, though I’m guessing it won’t be for me. Too fast paced.

May:

• Grid Legends
  • Chivalry II
  • Descenders

Another good month for extra.

So that’s basically everything Sony released other than God of War & Gran Turismo? Pretty good value picking up one of those bundles now and a year of PS++.

Oh and a reminder a bunch of games are leaving next week, including Spiderman. You can get a little longer to play them if you turn your internet off.

I definitely had Sakuna and Rain World on my wishlist. Sadly I don’t have time to play them right now. Hopefully they’ll stay on the service a long time. I wish Thymesia was available on PS4 too, not just PS5. Didn’t it come out on PS4 too?

Awesome month for me. I always wanted to try Legions but not enough to pay for it. And I never bought Rachet so I’m super stoked about that. Of course Zelda so ya.

June PS+:

• Jurassic World Evolution 2
  • Trek to Yomi
  • NBA 2K23

The first two were on Game Pass and not my thing. NBA 2K23 is also not my thing. So terrible month for me.

Yeah, that is some hot garbage.

I’ll give the Jurassic game a whirl and try it out at some point just for fun. Other two don’t really do anything for me - better luck next month!

Yuck, already bought a used copy of NBA 2k for like $15. I love the franchise mode on these. Rest is a big yawn. PS+ is in real danger of being cancelled by me. Between this and all the streaming services removing content left and right it seems like Media as a service has already peaked. At least the value for consumers :)

If you haven’t played this years version of 2k you should check it out. The Eras stuff is really neat. Can go back and play in the 80’s-90’s with mostly accurate rosters. (Licensing removes some players.) The missing ones can be added back with minimal effort. It’s really pretty damn cool.

I finally tried Chivalry 2 from last month and had a great time hacking away and dying as a knight.

Are the recent NBA2K games any good at teaching you the game?

Next to say goodbye:

• Avengers (with Spiderman exclusive)
  • Stray
  • Bioshock collection
  • Borderlands 2 + pre-sequel
  • Fluster Cluck
  • Raiden V
  • Rogue Stormers
  • Saints Row Gat out of Hell

Add to library next week:

• alan wake remaster
  • codblops coldwar
  • endling: extinction is forever

Wow Stray is leaving already? Boo!

Perhaps not coincidentally, it’s being released for Xbox on August 10.

Oh Alan Wake noice. I wanted to play it, but not enough to actually pay for it. :)

If I have already added Stray to my library, is it still playable? Or do I need to finish it before it goes?

I think this is one of the higher tier games, the kind more like Gamepass that don’t stay in your library if they leave the service.

Right. You’ve got a couple weeks to play it, that’s it.

It’s short enough that you could complete it if you have an evening free.

Coming up ++:

• Ascent
  • Circus Electrique
  • Dynasty Warriors 9
  • Dysmantle
  • Fast & Furious Spy Racers
  • It Takes Two
  • Melty Blood Type Lumina
  • Monster Jam Steel Titans (repeat)
  • My Little Pony Maretime Bay
  • Samurai Warriors 5
  • Sniper Elite 5