This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

This is a really good month for free games tbh. All three are games that have high production values but probably didn’t find a large audience at retail. They’re exactly the kind of games that most people would probably like to try but likely wouldn’t buy at full price.

Well, foamstars uses AI art, so it is out for me.

Just curious but Will you be banning all Square Enix games for this? Per them “In terms of the content in the game, this makes up about 0.01% or even less, but we have dabbled in it by creating these icons in the game.”

However, They also say they plan to aggressively using AI in the coming years.

Just the ones that use AI art in game.

This one uses midjourney art for in game album covers.

I highly suspect that every one of their games will be using it moving forward based on previous comments and their attitude. I think there’s a way to utilize AI and compensate artist at the same time. Maybe you feed the AI only Square Enix created art and pay some sorta residual to the original artist. I dunno something needs to get figured out cause the Train has the left the station.

Well, they said they used Midjourney which is currently being sued by artists for copyright infringement.

So, Foamstars is a skip for me, plenty of other games to play.

Next set of games.

++

• Assassins Creed Valhalla (returning)
  • Lego Jurassic World
  • Lego Worlds
  • Need for Speed Unbound
  • Rogue Lords
  • Roguebook
  • Outer Worlds Spacers
  • Tales of Arise (also coming to gamepass)
  • Tales of Zestiria (returning)

+++

• Resistance Retribution
  • Tales of Symphonia Remaster
  • Tales of Vesperia Remaster

Resistance is the only one I’m interested in.

March games for PS+

• EA Sports F1 23 | PS4, PS5
  • Sifu | PS4, PS5
  • Hello Neighbor 2 | PS4, PS5
  • Destiny 2: Witch Queen | PS4, PS5

Getting even one game in a month that I will likely try is good enough for me, so thank you Sifu.

Hey awesome. I did want to try that one!

Oh sure the month where I cancel my sub they put in Sifu. Jerks.

Midnight Suns coming for the Extra level on March 19th, whoo! My patience pays off.

Dang, we’re losing a bunch of great games tomorrow. I guess I should starting using PS+ more instead of thinking I’ll get to it one day.

I only got about 15 hours into Tchia and was hoping to continue. She had just gotten her powers!

I also missed Tchia & Neo TWTY this time. Ah well.

I had set up my PS4 to give me another week by going offline, but they changed it this time. Licenses expired at the exact time instead of in 14 days.

⚠️ SHORT WARNING ⚠️

Games leaving in 7 days: Nights of Azure, Nights of Azure 2, Warriors All-Stars

NoA has a beautiful, unique style but I didn’t enjoy playing it all that much. Warriors All Stars can be fun if someone liked any Koei games. A whole bunch of franchise characters have their own unique stages.

It seems like we have to download & log in to redeem Destiny 2’s Witch Queen if the store says we own another edition.

I posted those games and I still forgot about them leaving.
Had a bunch of endings left I wanted to get in Warriors All-Stars.

Next week:

• Immortals of Aveum
  • Minecraft Legends
  • Skul the Hero Slayer

There’s also a free skin pack for Overwatch 2.

Leaving ++ in a few weeks:

• Bassmaster Fishing
  • Chicken Police Paint it Red
  • Dangerous Golf
  • Everspace
  • Fighting Ex Layer
  • Ghostbusters
  • Gunvolt Chronicles Luminous Avenger
  • Necromunda Underhive Wars
  • Reel Fishing
  • R-Type Final 2
  • Soul Calibur 6

Immortals of Aveum puts the backlog in perspective. Games I already bought are, at this point, the same price for any future play as whatever arrives on PS+. They only compete on anticipated enjoyment. Curiousity for how Immortals of Aveum compares to its aggregate review promises a little bit of joy, so there’s hope it will be witnessed.

Hey nice. Looking forward to both of these.

I learned my lesson with Stray and Tchia though. I enjoyed both, but they both left the service before I get too deep into them (played both for about 3 hours each).

This time I should play these and commit. Otherwise they’ll be gone just as I’m getting excited about them in 6 months.

PS++:

Dave the Diver - April 16
Tales of Kenzera: Zau - April 23

Dave the Diver is available now! Great stuff - working really well with the PS5 controller too. Love this game!