This is probably phishing, right?

And btw, in case it wasn’t clear: no judgment is intended by my post! I am the dummy who accidentally downloaded a “utility” to my computer (when downloading other legit ones) and then accidentally clicked it and spent a good while undoing the damage caused by that absent-minded decision.

I appreciate that the last time someone tried to butcher me they at least sent me pics first.

BTW, that same Valvoline Instant Oil Change place sent a follow up email with coupons for other services…at their shop in Miami, Florida.

I live in Portland, Oregon, pretty much on the other end of the continental US.

I suppose this dude in Florida just decided to fill a likely email into a form just because it was required and he didn’t want to get spam by using his real one.

That reminds me of one other tip: Just say no. Stores don’t need your email or phone number, they just want it for data mining and spam. It feels a bit awkward but if a cashier says, “I need your phone number.” Just say, “No thanks.” Very, very rarely have I seen someone actually get miffed that I won’t play ball. “No thanks, let’s just complete the transaction.”