THIS IS THE NEW POST-MIGRATION FORUM!

We all know that is because you keep smoking that dust.

It’s definitely a bit slower than the dedicated bare-metal i7 it was running on before, but I could only really tell the difference with a tab open to each version of the site. Doesn’t feel slow on its own.

Also note we’re going to have to rebake every post on the site to remove CDN links, when the rebake is running, which will take at least a week in batches, performance could be impacted further.

Cool. Appreciate the reply.

What are CDN links?

You know sausage links?

They’re nothing at all like that.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RigidThreadbareBlackcrappie-size_restricted.gif

Looks like read progress in threads isn’t updated.

We’re threading the site with kielbasa and embedding andouille links, which will generate a bunch of load for a couple minutes, impairing performance. Should recover shortly.

One issue and a partially tongue-in-cheek comment:

Read posts are no longer being marked read (always stay bold, count does not decrease).

Now that the software creator has left the building (and sorry to see him go):

HOW ABOUT A FORUM VIEW THAT ONLY SHOWS NEW POSTS PLUS A BUTTON TO DISMISS ALL OF THOSE AT ONCE. Wouldn’t that CRAZY new feature be awesome?!

Diego

Canadian links. Can’t have those anymore by order of the White House. All CDN links are to be changed to RUS links effective immediately.

We have to ‘rebuild’ Discourse for memory performance reasons. Apologies. It will be back soon.

testing… sorry for the downtime, folks… just trying to free up some ram

Hi Chicklets. Thank you for being patient. We’re trying to do some memory tuning in an environment that is vastly resource constrained compared to the server we were using earlier.

We’ll try to provide more notice before doing these things in the future. We should be good for now.

Don’t even joke about something that, if it existed, would be so delicious. Not funny.

Is anyone else not seeing the preview pane anymore? I have it turned on, and the Hide Preview button is there, but instead of a preview of my post on the right side, all I see is blank white space…

Hmmm, seems to work okay for me. I can even preview Blank Space.

I’m part of our datacenter crew for work. I just want to say good luck, we’re all counting on you.

Reply by email currently is being hijacked by the old forum but will be fixed soon.

Great job guys! I can’t wait to start posting gifs again.

Testing. Taking over 30 seconds between Reply and post showing up. Some 502 errors as well. Not complaining, just saying.