"This is what 4,500 roses looks like!"

barbara boxer gets some valentine’s day gifts:

Today 4500 roses arrived at my Senate office – what a wonderful Valentine’s Day gift! Thanks so much to those of you who sent them for such a warm and kind gesture on this special day.

Thanks especially to Stacy Davies in Claremont, CA who spearheaded the whole project. I spoke with Stacy last Friday and thanked her personally for this terrific gift.

(See some pictures below!)

I hope all of you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day and that you get to spend it with those you love. Let’s especially remember our brave men and women in uniform serving overseas on this holiday who won’t be spending Valentine’s Day at home. Thanks to your generosity, our wounded soldiers recovering at Bethesda Naval Hospital and Walter Reed Army Medical Center will also be able to enjoy your thoughtful gift – we sent the roses there this afternoon.

I don’t get it. Why did they get her all the roses?

To get her into bed. Duh!

She’s been totally giving Bush the finger since the election, that’s why. Great speeches.

I’ve been giving him the finger too and all I got was a lousy t-shirt!

She’s been totally giving Bush the finger since the election, that’s why. Great speeches.[/quote]

Ah, cool. Is there some significance to the number of roses she got. It’s an awful lot of roses. I will have to keep myself better informed.

One for each lie by the Bush white house.

Not enough roses, then.

Boxer’s very comfortable win in CA has made her important. If only we could get rid of Feinstein.