This is what happens when a Twitch streamer gets "swatted"

Yes, it’s tough, and the reality is it is hard to have any substantive discussion to the questions brought up by Wyndwraith and others without going into P&R.

Please move this to P&R!

We need remotely operated or automated police response units - totally apathetic to race and quite happy to confirm being shot at before returning fire.

It would be interesting if the topic of police shooting unarmed people, or police sitting on people and suffocating them, had been explored in an old Western film or show.

A post was split to a new topic: Should politics in videogame discussions be avoided or separated?

We need remotely operated or automated police response units - totally apathetic to race and quite happy to confirm being shot at before returning fire.

They already tried this in Detroit. It didn’t work out.

Well, this guy wasn’t swatted, but this is sort of the Twitch-meets-police thread, and this alleged dipshit got to meet the police for allegedly beating up his girlfriend–while streaming Fortnite–after she suggested he take a break from the game.

“I’ll just commit this crime on stream, where it automatically keeps a record of it.”

He was just creating some unique content on his stream - twitch doesn’t have a dedicated channel for assault yet.

Next up: periscoping a bank robbery.

So disturbing.

I also made the mistake of reading the comments on the Kotaku article and youtube clips. Remind me never to read the comments on a youtube clip of this nature.

You could have just stopped there.

I could have. But then there’s the small percentage of clips with great comments sections pointing out to enriching content.

Well at least there’s proof it happened.

Fucking asswipes still think this shit is funny.

https://charlieintel.com/2017/12/29/dispute-call-duty-wager-leads-death-28-year-old-man-kansas/

Two individuals got into a heated argument over a UMG Wager online after a loss in the match. During the heated dispute, one of the individuals involved provided the other with a fake address for where he resided. The other individual decided to send the location to a known swatter. This known swatter is reportedly the same individual that called in a fake bomb threat at CWL Dallas event earlier in December. The swatter called in a fake scenario to the local police. Swatting has been a problem within the Call of Duty community.

This is a year old. There are tons of posts about this and the resulting guilty plea and, I think, jail sentence, in this very thread.

Charge both parties involved (the person who provided the address to the swatter and the swatter themselves) with murder. Put the shitstains away for life.

Yea, I got the article mixed up. I’m a fuck up.

20 years.

I am always surprised how light the sentence seems. He pled guilty to over 50 federal charges, and led to the death of an innocent by police. I guess pleading and not having any prior offenses helps a lot?

You can get a 10 year sentence for a second offense of having 1 marijuana plant.