This thread is for one of my favorite actors, James Hong

There’s a whole thread for hating on Big Bang Theory: Does everyone hate The Big Bang Theory?

And, I mean, Friends was great for a while, and then… it wasn’t great for a longer while.

I was hoping that the Big Bang haters wouldn’t come out of the woodwork. Guys, James Hong. Okay?

James Hong was on Friends too! He was Jon Favreau’s MMA coach!

I was wondering if Hong was ever on Star Trek. Turns out he lost the part of Sulu to George Takei!

Indeed, Captain!

Fuck yes.

How the hell does he NOT have a star?

It was cool when James Hong showed up in Alpha Protocol.

Variety also running a feature now.

Hong was unaware of the campaign until Kim emailed him, days before it launched. And before Hong could reach out to his relatives for donations, the grassroots fundraiser ended, in three days, collecting more than $55,000 from 1,700 donors.

“When Daniel told me, ‘James, don’t do anything, it’s over,’ I thought he could be fibbing. Can you imagine someone just giving $55,000 or even donating $10, $50, $100 in a pandemic to boost my star on the Walk of Fame? Can’t even imagine that,” says Hong.

I read that last bit in his voice.

He was kind of weird, but entertaining. RIP

Huh? No, he’s still alive, at least according to a cursory Google search. This thread was a pre-mortem appreciation thread. Did you just hear that he passed away?

No, my bad.

Q: Did James Hong turn 92 years old yesterday and is he still working?

A: INDEED!

Every time this thread gets bumped, I worry he might have passed.

Replaying Diablo 3. He is the voice of Covetous Shen, the guy in the barrel. :)

Wait. There’s a Gremlins animated show coming???

I will revise my review score of D3 and add an additional star to it.

He also voices a character in Alpha Protocol during the Tapei chapter.

New interview.