Those Un-natural Animals

Gay Animal Exhibition

There is a bit in there where they admit it is partially politically motivated, opponents claiming it’s pro-gray propaganda and the standard “you’ll all burn in hell” type stuff.

Did you guys know that the Right Whale has giant balls because they use their sperm to flush out the sperm of other whales - thus in their unnatural gay gangbangin’ whale society the male with the biggest balls gets to reproduce?

It doesn’t have that much to do with gay animals, it’s just a random fact I know, that I don’t often get to include in conversation…

This is a great exhibition, but the truly sad part is that this won’t change the mind of any schooled-up religious person who has already taken the leap of stupidity. They’re abominations, simple as that. Fuck, the bible says that if a hoofed animal doesn’t feed on grass it’s an abomination.

That condemns most of the cheerleaders at Clemson, then.

This is a great exhibition, but the truly sad part is that this won’t change the mind of any schooled-up religious person who has already taken the leap of stupidity.

No, but it might open the eyes/mind of people who aren’t religious yet still view homosexuality as “unnatural” (and who cite the ‘evolutionary deadend’ in their reasoning), shocking I know, but they do exist.

I really don’t see the point of trying to reason or educate people who “know” how the world works based on matters of faith and that everything else is some kind of atheist agenda to belittle them and destroy their faith.

the religious wackos will just switch the argument to “only uncivilized animals do those hot, er i mean, horrible male on male mountings. imagine if two men…” then they go off on a fifteen-minute homoerotic monologe indicating they concentrate way too much on the subject.

There’s a theory similar to this (See Jared Diamond’s “The Third Chimpanzee”) regarding primate mating habits, where scientists have correllated observed monogamy vs testicle size. My recollection is that humans fell into the “mostly, but not completely monogamous” category - more monogamous than chimps, but less than gorillas.

I mean, it makes sense - if you are monogamous, there’s not much point in wasting resources on more sperm than would be necessary to knock up your partner. But if everyone is having lots of sex with one another, you really do need more sperm for sperm competition.

BTW, let’s not bring animal behavior into human ethics - I mean, there are lots of documented cases of infanticide and cannibalism in the animal kingdom (I’m not making a comparison between those practices and homosexuality, as I’m very much pro-gay rights - I just think that it’s a specious argument).

Intriguingly, this hasn’t been mentioned with a single word in Norwegian press as far as I’ve seen. Of course, I live in London now, so I don’t catch all the news, but if this had stirred up a storm, I’d definitely hear about it.

Gay rights isn’t much of a question in Norway, really. We’ve got a religious right party that claims gays are abominations, and everyone else laughs at them reminding them there is a reason why they hardly ever break 10% of the votes.

However, there’s been a small ruckus concerning an albino moose the last few weeks. They’ve called him Albin, and some biologists are quarreling about whether or not it’s a real albino. Did I mention that Norway isn’t very exciting?

BTW, let’s not bring animal behavior into human ethics - I mean, there are lots of documented cases of infanticide and cannibalism in the animal kingdom

I’m not quite sure I see your point. Aren’t we comparing Animal behaviour to Human behaviour? Where does the ethical argument come into it?

Peter North FTW?

The argument isn’t whether homosexuality is ethical because other animals engage in it, but that homosexuality is a part of human nature, rather than being a learned or chosen behaviour.

[i]I’m ever upper class high society
God’s gift to ballroom notoriety
I always fill my ballroom
the event is never small
the social pages say I’ve got
the biggest balls of all

oh, I’ve got big balls
I’ve got big balls
and they’re such big balls
dirty big balls
and he’s got big balls
and she’s got big balls
but we’ve got the biggest balls of them all

and my balls are always bouncing
my ballroom always full
and everybody cums and cums again
if your name is on the guest list
no-one can take you higher
everybody says I’ve got
great balls of fire

oh, I’ve got big balls
I’ve got big balls
dirty big balls
and he’s got big balls
and she’s got big balls
but we’ve got the biggest balls of them all

some balls are held for charity
and some for fancy dress
but when they’re held for pleasure
they’re the balls that I like best
my balls are always bouncing
to the left and to the right
it’s my belief that my big balls
should be held every night

oh, I’ve got big balls
I’ve got big balls
dirty big balls
and he’s got big balls
and she’s got big balls
but we’ve got the biggest balls of them all[/i]

Wow, are people still claiming homosexuality is a “lifestyle choice”? That’s so…20th century. OK, my bad, I missed the point.

I’ve seen my female dog try to butt rape my male cat, and anything else she can get near. She always looks so darn frustrated after a half hour of humping a pillow with nothing happening.

Should I get her a sex change, or a species change, or something?

Well, there are political reasons for arguing that as well. It is easier to deny rights if something is a choice, rather than genetic (e.g. race). So some have an interest in suppressing the notion that it is not choice beyond mere scientific interest in the truth (or hatred of gays perhaps).

That’s normal canine dominance behavior.

Question: what’s the scientific consensus on the causes of homosexuality these days?

I don’t think they have a “cause” yet. Mostly a statistical correlation between certain brain structures/sizes and homosexuality.

God bless college football.