Tick live action reboot?

I’m guessing there’s still a lot of folks who’ll avoid an animated show about a superhero , but may give a live action one a chance thanks to the popularity of the Marvel films.

I like and respect Peter Serafinowicz, but I have never seen him commit to an over the top performance

You really need to seek out Running Wilde. And then catch his performances on the final season of Parks and Rec. He commits. Oh, he commits.

I never heard about the Tick before, but I watched this pilot and liked it. At first I thought the Tick was a figment of Arthur’s imagination, but it seems he isn’t?
Anyway it was funny and all in all a good watch. Hopefully it’ll get picked for a full season.

Ew, his suit is gross-looking.

Truly hope this is good. My family will check it out!

Watched the premier episode. It’s a bit darker than the one with Warburton. Don’t see the sillier villains from the animated version making any appearances. Otherwise, I liked it well enough. Willing to watch again.

I’ll give the next episode a shot, but I dunno… I liked the take on Arthur quite a bit, but I’m not getting a coherent character out of the Tick yet. Is he brave but naive? Stupid but tough enough to not let it kill him? Arrogant or heroic?

The dark take on everything is interesting, but we’ll have to see how it fits with the humor. Yeah, I dunno, guys.

I think its in line with current style of superhero’s costumes. Simple is so 70’s.

Possibly the creators are going for that?

Yeah, having seen the whole thing now, the suit fits a little more in a world where villains kill heroes with bullets to the brain and/or crush their hands as a warning. Still unsure if any of it is a good idea.

Not much of a fan of this. Arthur and the world are interesting, but The Tick is just weird and irritating.

Watched this last night, and it didn’t really grab me. It felt like there were long stretches of serious plot, and the humor, when it did arrive, was pretty lukewarm. It’s a shame, because I’m a pretty big fan of Peter Serafinowicz from way back to his days on ‘Spaced’. If anything I kind of hope this doesn’t get picked up so he’ll move on to something more interesting.

This is pretty terrible. At 10 minutes I was forcing myself to stay tuned in. Made it another five minutes, and I was all good.

Yeah, the pilot was a bit uneven and Sarafinowicz is too skinny and the blue suit is creeping me out and I don’t buy Arthur’s eye twitch. But The Tick’s monologues and shenanigans took me back to the comic/cartoon and made me laugh in the same way, so that’s a big plus in my book. And the fight scene was pretty well executed, if too brief.

Not sure I’d throw much money into the race if I were betting on the chances of it ending up being an artistic success at this point, but I’m planning to vote a big blue thumbs up in the survey.

“Enough of your hot little bullets!”

Ben Edlund explains the new Tick.

Ben Edlund interviewed by Collider Heroes:

So this was … fine. Serafinowicz was fine, though the accent was spotty. (Note to Brits: Americans who use the neutral Nebraska accent don’t say “soopaheroes.”) I’d certainly watch more, though I also gotta admit that so far this is my third-favorite TV version of the Tick.

Taking the Amazon survey and reading in between the lines, I wonder whether Amazon’s programming guidelines aren’t pushing this in the wrong direction - they seem to be looking for the next Breaking Bad more than an over-the-top genre parody. Which would account for the Arthur dramedy. I don’t think I want dramedy in my Tick, I want Tongue-Tongue and Chairface Chippendale and the Sidekick club.

Arthur’s eye twitch, it was a tic, get it, it’s The Tick. Or something. They did look like they might be flirting with the concept that The Tick is actually a physical manifestation of Arthur’s desire to be a super hero.

Put me down with @HumanTon, I want comedy and wackiness, not some weird semi-dark dramedy.

Cue The Rolling Stones, 'cause I’m pretty sure that is the plan.

Amazon has ordered a full series, so the good news is we’ll get to find out whether dramedy or goofiness wins.

Woo!

I wonder what the production turnaround’s like. . .

Season starts August 25th.

Yessssss