Tick live action reboot?

Wooo, can’t wait. However we are struggling to keep up with the olympics, haven’t even caught up on Top Chef or John Oliver so it will probably be awhile.

Sophocles?

READ A BOOK!

They really nailed the tone on this show, somehow lands right in the sweet spot become completely silly but with just enough straight-man/grounded elements.

The second half was really good. Is the boat from the comic book, or is that something new?

Come on, the boat has a name, and its Steve!

So much fun, this show. It doesn’t quite live up the '90s cartoon, but then, what does? Some nice little callbacks in there, like Tick with the spoon and Arthur’s “not in the face”. I kept hoping someone would suggest leading the VLM to the “largest pants in the world” but I guess they can’t do everything. :)

They managed to walk the line between craziness and reality with style. It was a fun show, hopefully there’s more to come.

That was either way to short or way too long. I am not sure. The arc seemed too long, but I need more Tick. It’s great

We just finished this. Perfectly paced, super well-written and just a lot of fun, with some fun surprises too! I hope there’s a season 2.

As much as I love Peter Serafinowicz, which is a lot, he’s not Patrick Warburton. That’s really the only knock I can think of against this version.

It’s odd, because I think Warburton is a producer on this show.

Yeah, according to IMDB he produced 6 episodes.

It’s back. April 15th. Looks like it will be fun!

I liked this live action remake, though the cartoon will always be my favorite. A few things i disliked with the recent remake, not as punny, pun filled, punnillicious?.. also not sure how i felt about the grittier, darker moments as they just felt out of place, though was glad they were done with humor.

Still though look forward to more of The Tick’s antics in the next season!

Season 2 is up, I enjoyed it. Lacks the strong villain of season one but adds more heroes. I like what they’ve done with Dot on the show, she’s much more part of the gang this go around.

“A grim baker’s dozen!”

I love the language that The Tick uses. I wish I could speak like that!

So good. They could make 10 more seasons of this right now and it would not be enough.

What I love about each iteration of the Tick is that they’re all the same core concept, but all also very different in the details. The approach to Dot’s character here would have made zero sense on the cartoon but felt like a natural development in this universe.

Lotsa good stuff in here, though it got a bit over-crowded and chaotic by the end. (I liked Lindt’s common-sense approach, though = chaos is just another name for opportunity!)

Griffin Newman is on today’s Comedy Bang Bang, by the way.

Feels like little buzz on the show making me think a season 3 is unlikely