Tim Curry recovering from major stroke

As someone who is a stroke survivor,(I had my wonderful incident late January) I wish him well.Recovery sucks.Having your brain continually betray you is really fucking annoying. There are so many different ways it can hit you, mine was in the ocular/balance area. I didn’t lose anything in the way of memory or speech functions, but i have a problem now turning quickly to the right, harsh contrasts in light and dark, and oddly hate what used to be my favorite salad dressing.

My dad had a big one, wish I’d known that metallic taste in food was one of the warning signs

Man, I’m sorry to hear that, MM. I hope you get all the way over it, although it sounds like you are doing okay now?

As for Mr. Curry, I love the guy! Clue is one of my favorite movies ever and Legend as well.

I’ve also enjoyed all of Tim’s roles. Just this weekend was very surprised to see him in a very subdued role in Hunt for Red October. Get well Tim!

My favorite Tim Curry trivia: He originally tried out for the role of the Joker in the animated series, but they went with Mark Hamill because Curry was too scary. Awesome.

Damn, he would’ve made a fantastic Joker. Either in film or in animation.

What I wouldn’t give to hear that audition tape.

I was hoping we’d have heard more about his condition by now. This article says he’s “doing fine” but that’s from his agent, so who the hell knows…