Time loops for fun and profit

Does The Good Place qualify as a time loop story?

Hmmm… good question. I’d say yes, for Michael and the other demons that is.

Oh yeah, Hadean Lands is fantastic. (I’ve also seen/read/played almost everything listed so far because I am a sucker for this shit, and recommend most of them.)

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a couple more time-loop IF games out there but I’m not presently thinking of any.

Another book. The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August. It’s a time loop on a big scale where the character is reborn at the end of their life at the start with all their memories.

No, it’s a Jeremy Bearimy story.

No, it’s a time knife story.

Leo Vader, formerly of Game Informer, just did a video essay on the subject:

He breaks down how those resolve, though, so if you’re looking for new ones this will spoiler a ton.

How did I forget Russian Doll? It’s pretty great.

It’s mentioned in the Original Post. A great entry. I know we’ve been waiting for a second season forever (right after the first season hit, Netflix added “Season 2 is coming” to the description). But I wouldn’t be upset if it never got a season 2, since it’s such a great self-contained story.

Ah, didn’t check that now that the thread has a few posts.

In an interview Natasha Lyonne said that they have something about 3-4 seasons worth of story planned, which makes me more excited for season 2, since I can’t imagine they’d have that much planned out if they didn’t have somewhere specific to go with it.

And the episode 33, sort of.

As anyone mentioned Heaven Sent from Doctor Who? It’s sorta time loop, one of the best Doctor Who episodes ever.

This thread prodded me to finally watch Palm Springs, and it’s great. I really enjoyed how the prisoners of time drifted between nihilism and self-improvement and many places in between.

This thread prodded me to finally watch Palm Springs, and it’s great. I really enjoyed how the prisoners of time drifted between nihilism and self-improvement and many places in between.

The Forgotten City just came out - the standalone full game version of a time loop mystery Skyrim mod. Supposedly very good.

And maybe this will be good?

Oh! I totally forgot Overboard:

Starting replaying The Sexy Brutale last night because I’ve never completed it. I forgot how really interesting and fun the game is. It deserved more exposure than it got.

That would be because it’s not a time loop game. It’s just possible to replay it and get a different outcome.

There are time loop elements. Your character does recall details from previous attempts and comments on them.