Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

The tempered plating kit for scorch may make him into a crazy beast. Previously I used the flame shield upgrade exclusively when I played him.

But if it removes critical zones, need become way tougher, and being able to just walk through his own fire means he can do stuff like do flame traps around himself.

I main Scorch and ain’t nobody got time for turbo engine! Overcore and some care with your positioning and attacks can make all the difference. The boost is welcome though :-)

Edit: yeah, I usually roll with inferno shield and wildfire launcher. Tempered plating might actually be useful now…

See, I always ran turbo boost and inferno shield… if someone used their boost and was still reasonably close, boosting in their face and activating the shield just did such insane damage that the boost was worth it, even beyond the defensive utility.

That… that I had never considered. Very nice!

Anyone else playing tonight? First time I played in a long time (on PC) and I was lagging severely in a Frontier Defense match. It was bad, felt like I was playing in the silent movie era with horrible rubberbanding.

I’ll likely be playing tomorrow night.

BTW, I’m brianrubin on Origin! Friend me!

I got bored with the singleplayer campaign… so I jumped into multiplayer… holy fuck this game is fun

Does not compute…

well it’s great, but I can’t get into single player stuff anymore… It has to be pwnin’ nubz online.

I get where gat is coming from. I generally don’t give a crap about shooter campaigns and play for the PvP, but Titanfall 2 was an exception.

The new game mode is fun… played it a bunch.

PvP balance changes seem good.

Scorch is pretty awesome now.

id like an answer on this too, if anyone has tried. downloading now.

It’d be virtually impossible to solo the frontier defense, but the matchmaking for it is ready, and you don’t really need to communicate with your team at all, so just pretend they are NPC buddies.

i appreciate the tip, but my high latency internet is the prohibitive element here

That was delicious. ‘Welcome to my fire, especially you Ronin. Inferno shield wasn’t enough for you eh?’

I have been playing Frontier Defense every night since it went live and having an absolute blast. I am glad that even Normal presents a nice challenge in that my teams have lost some matches. When things are going well I think I am doing an amazing job and then I look at the scoreboard and see myself in 4th place (usually) and sometimes 3rd with other players having like three-times my score! Man there are some good players. Though I only played the campaign last fall and haven’t been playing since so I am just getting my bearings and just exploring the available tactics.

Such a fun game.

It seems to me that Frontier Defense is online multiplayer only so I don’t think you can play it solo offline at this point. Not sure if that was fully answered yet. High latency internet would present a problem for that mode.

The tempered plating kit is now awesome. It makes scorch into such a an awesome tank, but more importantly it lets you much more freely use his AOE effects.

In the past, you were often fighting against yourself. Your teammates could walk through your fire, but you couldn’t… so while you could limit OFFOR’s mobility, you were always simultaneously limiting your own.

Now, you can just set everything on fucking fire while walking through it.

And yeah, it has the effect of ruining Ronin’s day to some degree as you can just make the floor into lava around yourself. Also, the thermite damage seems to charge up your core meter really fast as you could see a few times there, where I was able to just keep dropping fire waves on them, over and over again… and Scorch’s core ability does really massive damage.

I did this for fun a while back:

…I trust everyone here is familiar with Marmite?

Edit: also, what’s OFFOR?

opposing force. The enemy team.