Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

Use cover, stick and move. Don’t stand and bang, you’ll get owned.

Only played it MP but I like it; Just wish there were more people playing it, and less G2+ Titans stomping my level 17 :)

A key thing about Titans that is perhaps not immediately apparent, is that it’s all about mobility. It’s similar to actual tanks in some ways.

Armored warfare was not about the armor, as much as it was about being about to get cannons and firepower to where they need to be, quickly.

In multiplayer, especially last Titan standing, this is essential. You want to be hitting enemies from the flanks.

Thanks guys! After trying a few more times, I finally got a better hang of not only mobility but the shield and lock-on capabilities of the Tone loadout, I was able to take him out and move on. Now I’m at the point where we’re in some big construction area and BT has been taken by a crane! EEEP.

So good. OMG so good. I’m a bit obsessed I think.

Glad you’re enjoying it Brian! I see you even changed your avatar :-) Savour it because it’s over too soon.

By the way, I’ve been enjoying Live Fire but the real star is the new Mixtape mode which has improved the speed of matchmaking considerably. My friend recently picked TF2 up and after my raving about how close most games are I was worried that that would inexplicably stop happening and, thankfully, it hasn’t. He’s really digging it too, although the speed of the game has taken some getting used to for him.

Yeah, I’m trying to take my time with it, but like a great movie, I can totally see myself revisiting it after it’s over.

The Titan in single player starts with what is essentially the ion load out, doesn’t he?

Don’t neglect the shield on ion. One of the strongest abilities in the entire game, if you can use it right.

In multiplayer, it is a hard counter to legion… not only can you make bad legion players kill themselves, you can make them kill their teammates first, and THEN kill themselves. They have essentially no way to harm you, and have to just run.

It’s also awesome for killing Tone, who is the most used Titan in the game. The truck with tone is to ignite his normal shots, and use your shield to catch his missile volley.

I run the upgrade that boosts reflected damage by 30%, and it’s hilarious when a bad legion player doesn’t know what’s going on, and you are just throwing his bullets at his teammates, and they don’t realize why they are suddenly taking massive bursts of damage.

His shoulder cannon is also great for poking at range. Hitscan, large damage, two shots.

The trick is knowing when to use what though, as it all comes from the same energy pool.

“Effect and Cause” you guys. Holy. Shit. I thought the level through the prefab factory was incredible enough, but THIS? I’ve not had an FPS level wow me like this since Jedi Knight’s tumbling spaceship level. Dear God.

Have you played through that chapter entirely Brian? I ask because the bit where you have to:

Phase from one timeline to another, where in the past there’s a bunch of dudes with shields in the foyer and in the present there’s a shit ton of wild beasts pouring out the vents. Holy crab cakes, that bit was tough but really cool. And the finale with the freeze frame is amazing.

I think I need to zip through this campaign again! :-)

I’m partway through it. I just got to the point where:

I had to fall through a shaft that was on fire in the current timeline and had spinning turbines in the other, timing the time jumps to make it past all of them as I fell. Holy shit. And yeah, jumping about to take out really confused soldiers was a joy.

Ah! Yeah, I loved that too, although I died a few times :-)

Keep us posted on your progress, and I hope you didn’t read the spoiler above!

I’m glad more folks are enjoying this game. It’s definitely one of the most underrated titles in years, almost entirely due to when it was released.

My friend started playing this last week and he hasn’t got to Effect and Cause yet. Can’t wait to hear his thoughts though; it’s been a while since he played a single-player campaign and I think this one’s a real gem.

You know, this is one of the few multiplayer games where I would happily take some single-player DLC if it was up to the standard of the campaign’s chapters. Usually it’s the other way round, I know, but it’d be cool to see Respawn buck that trend.

Oh yeah, I know they said DLC would be free, but if they sold paid story expansions? Day one purchase.

OMG the Smart Pistol OMG.

Annoying playing this as lowbie and getting curbstomped by enemies with everything unlocked, some of the stuff you get seems pretty “OP” compared to what you start with :-)

Wish there were more than 3000 players online, as some of the stuff is pretty neat. Imagine how awesome the maps would be if you had deformable terrain/buidlings.

Guess I just have to hang in there and play MP while there are still people doing it, then do the singleplayer stuff once the MP is dead.

You start with a lot of the really good gear unlocked. The CAR is a great SMG, and one of the best weapons in the game, the MGL is the highest dps and most straightforward anti-titan gun, and Ion is an excellent all rounder titan as long as you abuse laser shot. The main things you don’t have starting off are Phase Shift as your pilot ability (which is, frankly, overpowered and outshines all the other abilities) and the free battery as your pilot special (although amped weapons is good too). IMO, they did a good job giving starting players powerful all rounder options to begin with.

Is there anything in particular that’s causing you trouble?

Phase Shift I’d say. Players running super-fast and warping around when they have taken our flag was pretty annoying. Course, having the same guys as opposition 3 rounds in a row (different game modes) and losing to them was the worst. People get G2, G3 etc if they reach max level, then start again on level 1 or what?

You might have some good weapons in there, but if you’re trying to “unlock” each weapon you will be using lower-unlocked sub-optimal weapons against players who have everything unlocked.

All my guns are rank 1 except the one I started with, at 19 on it now I think. Pilot is 18. Think Phase is level 36 or thereabouts?

Saw there was a ‘homing pistol’ type of thing which seemed like it could be nice.

Oh well.

This is just a boost though. It’s not actually a weapon you can use normally, and you only get 12 shots with it.

So I’m stuck on what I think is the last boss battle. Actually ragequit yesterday. I’ll hit it again in a couple of days but MAN that was hard.