Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

Oh lawdy lawd. fans self

More details here:

New map looks sick

OMG right? I need to play more to git gud, because geezus.

Ok, so check this out.
Here’s the announcement page for the new titan in the DLC:

The silouette there? Looks to be a Vanguard class titan from the profile;

Which is kind of cool, as it’s the tital class BT is. Not really sure what the payload would be, given that BT could change his as you played.

Another possibility folks picked up from the art book, is a bison class Titan.
https://pvplive.net/c/titanfall-2-art-book-shows-possible-new-unreleased-titan

I…ahem…actually just ordered that art book a few days ago. I might be obsessed, just a bit.

Hey, giant robots. What’s not to like?

Patch drops today.

NEW CONTENT
New Map: Glitch
New Live Fire Map: Deck
New Faction: M.R.V.N.
New Execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]: Unlocks after getting 10 Pilot kills with the Pulse Blade. If you have already achieved the 10 kills it will unlock retroactively

New Featured Modes [we’ll be introducing these at different times in the near future]

Glitch 24/7: Get a feel for the new map by playing a variety of modes on just the Glitch map

Marked for Death: 6v6. One member of each team is Marked as targets and both teams must defend their target while trying to kill the other team’s target. Once one of the marked players are killed, the surviving Mark’s team is rewarded a point. After a few seconds, new Marks are chosen. First team to 10 kills wins.

Titan Brawl: Think of this as Team Deathmatch with just Titans. 5v5 mode with Titans only [no ejecting] and respawning. Each kill counts for 1 point and first team to 30 points wins.

Iron Last Titan Standing: It’s the Last Titan Standing you know and love with a few new rules. 5v5 with no ejecting and no batteries

And some bug fixes/balancing.

OHHHHHHHHH NICE! Yay!

New titan mode, woot

I gotta say, for a game where all the DLC is free, this game is producing MORE of it than the games which charge for it.

I love the idea of a solely titan mode.

I already love the last titan standing mode… very reminicent of the old no-respawn matches we played back in the Mechwarrior 4 leagues.

A respawn version will also be interesting.

So just out of curiosity - is pretty much all of the post-release content they’re putting out focused on multiplayer?

Ya, I think it all is, with the exception that they actually made some portion of the single player campaign free to play.

So far, yeah. I’d pay, day one, for more single player stuff though.

Now let me tell ya, I’m typically not into multiplayer at all, yet I love this game.

Yup. Same stupid mistake Bethesda has been making with DOOM for the last 12 straight months.

TF2’s multiplayer is some of the best competitive shooting in years. It’s damn near flawless. Every aspect of it is ridiculously polished.

I mean, even down to the evac mode at the end… consistently a fun addition to the match, even when you lost.

TOTALLY. I never mind losing in this game because I feel like I got a little better.

The same stupid mistake? It’s unfortunate perhaps, but it’s not a stupid mistake to keep providing (free) multiplayer content for an amazing multiplayer game with a great single-player campaign. It’s a stupid mistake to keep providing (paid) multiplayer content for an amazing single-player game with a not-so-great multiplayer component.

Besides, I imagine single-player content takes a lot longer and costs significantly more to produce as well, especially to the standard of Titanfall 2’s. Who knows what they’re planning beyond the current road map but I can’t knock their approach so far. I’d gladly welcome more SP content.

Yeah, I’m not sure how you can compare paid DLC for a meh multiplayer against free DLC for a great mp.