To Ash and Ember [Horror Investigation RPG] by The Forgotten Workshop

Happy to announce that the next patch is going to come with a lot of goodies such as:

• Dungeons
  • Skill Equipping, Skill Customization, and Skill Purchase/Sale
  • Tooltips attached to a large number of objects (first draft of it shown below)
  • New map-based travel system for the overworld
  • New art for the general store owner and the street bard
  • (Hopefully Two!) New Mystery/ies
  • Some purchasable equipment at the Store
  • First pass on Rituals at your Homebase to lower the Terror Track
  • Opening up the Sewers Location and, along with it, Church-specific Game Events
  • Bunch of new music for the game, again provided by the fantastic memoraphile.

Sorry for the long pause between updates, I’ve just been super busy getting this all prepared for y’all to at least a playable if not fully polished state!

Getting close! I’ll probably have finalized all the core features of Dungeons in the next few days. Still a few bugs to iron out and a few features to add but I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this major feature.

That’s really impressive! Please keep posting updates here, if you don’t mind, as I forget to check out the steam page unfortunately :-)

Mini-update: Things have been busy but I’ve been constantly clanging on the dungeon every chance I get. Today’s efforts were to start to add modular support for detail meshes to hallways and rooms as well as getting at least one mesh/texture done for it.

Happy to say that went off without a hitch, so now the Thorny Mansion dungeon attached to the Flowers in the Mist Part 2 quest should give the player the ‘bad vibes’ their character will complain of. This is the first step towards properly treating a mansion that’s being twisted and bent by enigmatic and otherworldly vegetal and ichorous forces and I’m feeling optimistic about how it’ll wind up by the time patch launches.