To Ogre or not to Ogre!

Mine monies, they art thine. That’s, SJG not Bruce. Sorry man. :)

Hey, hey, hey!

Aw hell yeah!

Just got the email and came here. Of course Brooski was here first.

Edit:

AurochJake [developer] 33 minutes ago
Hi folks, welcome to the forum :)

There will be a map editor in the game, hopefully at launch, and you’ll have the option set custom games, specifying which rulesets you wish to play with etc.

IMG_0426

Any video of the digital version online?

There’s a teaser (with a little gameplay looking footage at the end) and screenshots at the Steam page.

Hmm, those look very early. I hope they were just too lazy to take recent ones. Otherwise I won’t hold my breath for an October release date.

My own guess is that the game is not going to look that good, so October release is possible.

I personally don’t care, but it those are close to final graphics, I hope there’s an option to enable counters instead.

The video finally loaded so I see there are at least some moving parts. Hardly any UI at all. Maybe they disabled it for the video, but it seems suspicious. That’s typically how these things go, so we’ll have to see.

Yeah. Dude stopped operating on someone’s brain to post that news. It was that important!

Man has his priorities straight then. Good for him.

So I got an email that has a link to a page where I can become a tester for the Ogre PC game. As much as I want to do this, I am conflicted. I would love to be a beta tester. I’ve been a beta tester for many games. I’m good at it. I know how to do the job.

But for this particular game I think I want to just wait for the final version. I don’t want to spoil it for me.

So what do I do? Should I be a beta tester and make the game better because I’m a damn good beta tester? Or do I hope that every other tester does their due diligence and play the game when it’s released?

Hmmm…an Ogre would just run over any conflicted beta testers; so I say go for it!

Help the infantry!

Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?

You owe it to the rest of us to make it a better game!!! Said in the laziest voice possible while lying in bed playing Polytopia.

Oh hey I got one of those emails too and forgot about it. Maybe I should give it a shot.