To Play List

Does anyone keep an actual list of the games they want to play and/or finish? I know Voltaic has one on his computer that he updates from time to time but I figured I would finally make one myself, and see what others had in thiers.

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime
I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream
Prisoner Of Ice
Silent Hill 2
Mech Assault
Splinter Cell
The Last Express
Lost Files Of Sherlock Holmes: The Case Of The Serrated Scalpel
Syndicate: American Revolt
Operation Flashpoint: Red Hammer
Operation Flashpoint: Resistance
Mechwarrior(never did find the bad guy)
Wing Commander 2 (and Special Operations One and Two)
Heart of China
Blue Force
Tony Tough & The Night Of The Roasted Moths
The Thing
Mafia
Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries
Post Mortem

Wing Commander I-V & mission packs
Wing Commander Privateer & Righteous Fire
Wizardry I-VIII
Ultima I-VIII, & Worlds of Ultima & Ultima Undergound I & II
all AD&D Gold Box games
Tie Fighter
Shadow Watch
X-Com: Apocalypse
Legends of Kyrandia I-III
Krondor series
Tex Murphy series
Realms of the Haunting
Master of Magic
Magic and Mayhem
Breach 2

looks at snake’s list

See ya next lifetime.

I’ve got me a need to finish list. Some of these I haven’t got much further than character creation, openening exposition and a quick save.

Need to finish:
Warcraft III
Final Fantasy X
Metal of Honor: Allied Assault
Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
Arcanum
Tachyon: the Fringe
X-Wing Alliance
Icewind Dale II
Never Winter Nights
Suikoden III
Metal Gear Solid 2
Devil May Cry
Valkyrie Profile
Vagarant Story
Chrono Cross
Fallout
Starcraft
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia II
Diablo II/Lord of Destruction

That’s just an abrieviated list of stuff I still delude myself about actually playing to completion.

Currently Playing a lot. Some are revisits to titles i’ve beaten before:

Final Fantasy VIII
Guilty Gear XX
Kohan: ahriman’s Gift
Neverwinter Nights
Icewind Dale
Battlefield 1942 Road to Roam
Frequency
Wild Arms 3
Klonoa 2
Shinobi

So, let’s see, I have…final fantasy tactics. About it. Shockingly, I’ve managed to get everything out of my game queue; this hasn’t happened in years.

Hooray for unemployment!

I’m usually pretty good about finishing games. Some I don’t plan to revisit (e.g. Black and White), and I won’t list them here. Others, I have almost completed and intend to eventually go back and finish. In approximate order from nigh-complete to haven’t-touched:

Independence War
System Shock 2
Age of Wonders 2
OFP: Red Hammer
Divine Divinity
Icewind Dale 2
Arcanum
Emperor: RotMK
Thief Gold
System Shock
Age of Kings
OFP: Resistance
Planescape Torment
Kohan: Ahriman’s Gift
Thief 2
Fallout Tactics
Metal Gear Solid
Grand Theft Auto III
Independence War: Defiance
Myth 2
NOLF2
Morrowind
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Oddworld: Abe’s Exodus
Freedom Force
Summoner
Grandia II
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Diablo II + LoD
Sacrifice
Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns
Giants
Flying Heroes

Clearly I’m not spending enough of my unemployment time playing games. Also, in an ironic twist, the more of a game I’ve completed, the less likely I am to go back and finish it. Hmmmm.

• Alan

Thought I just left Gone Gold…

Well, it’s not a top 10 list at least :)

I actually started installing Wing Commander 2 on my oldschool machine but found that disk four has a corrupt file on it. Bastards. So i opened up the Kilrathi Saga to see what was in there. Sure enough, the file looks exactly the same, so I might just copy it over. I did try and play the Kilrathi Saga on my current machine just to see how it went. After I started the CD it began installing DirectX 2, it even gave me “Overwriting” messages. Thankfully it looks like DirectX8.1 didn’t let it go wild like that.

Well, off the top of my head…

Angband
Avernum 3
Geneforge
No One Lives Forever (maybe… haven’t gotten around to buying it yet)
Diablo (finally bought it when the price dropped to $4.99, played a couple levels)
Unreal (I’m playing it again right now and for the first time I am actually close to the end. Perhaps I’ll finally finish this ridiculously long game)
Freespace 2 (if I can ever find a copy, and get a decent joystick)
Head over Heels (on C64 emulation)
Ultima V (been meaning to do this one proper, but I always peter out around the time the Underworld becomes important. Though I never finished it it is one of my all time favorite RPG experiences)
Ultima VII
Age of Mythology SP campaign (the game is just gathering dust now but people say it was a good campaign; I may give it a whack one of these days)

I rather doubt I will finish any of these, but one never knows. I’m probably most interested in playing Avernum 3 if I can ever hit the “sweet spot” (i.e. the point where I actually start thinking about the subquests and characters in my off-time, and anticipate another gaming session). I had a blast with Avernum 2 and suspect Avernum 3 would be just as fun, if I could only put in the time.

I have yet to finish a game I purchased in the last six months, which is unusual for me. Seems like life (finally) has gotten in the way of my game addiction.

Here’s the list anyway.

Icewind Dale 2: Bought the game last week. Playing 12 hours a day for three days I got to the guardian, the game crashed right after I’d spent 50 minutes figuring out how to defeat him. I haven’t felt like playing much after this.

Hearts of Iron: I’ve played about halfway through three separate campaigns, waiting for patches and mods to make the game more challenging.

Medieval:Total War : The strategic game was a bit too shallow to keep me interested.

Majesty Gold

Dungeon Keeper 2

System Shock 2: Doubt I’ll ever play this. I’ve been meaning to do it for years, but I’m afraid of it. Thief managed to scare the crap out of me on several levels, I’m afraid I’ll die of fright playing this one. It’s a Looking Glass game, I really should play it but I can’t make myself do it.

Severance:Blade of Darkness

Tropico Gold

Sacrifice

Bioforge: It wants boot-disked MS-DOS. Don’t see myself ever finishing this. I’m not in the mood for hassling with MS-DOS again, I’m too old (!) for that shit.

MDK2

Flying Heroes

Operation Flashpoint

what a great thread…i always get the feeling on this board that i am the only one who doesn’t play every game to completion the moment it is released. i have what i think is a huge backlog, but looking at you guys’ list, i think i am doing ok :wink:

PC

Battle for Procyon
No One Lives Forever 2
Age of Mythology (single player)
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Kohan: Immortal Soverigns

Xbox

Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Hunter: The Gathering
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4

and now i need to just stay away from buying that new Gamecube bundle!

I’ve scaled back on the number of games I get. I think the number of great games out right now has finally stopped my compulsive need to find a game that is actually worth 50 bucks. So, now I’m picky. It has to have a ton of buzz before I’m interested, so my list is fairly short.

PC: Currently in rotation, RTR, Mafia, SimCity, MtW.
Looking forward to: C&C Generals, Freelancer

Xbox: Currently in rotation, Ghost Recon.
Looking forward to: um, KOTOR I guess.

Like ya’ll my list of incomplete or games I wanna play soon is pretty long. I’ll just stick to what I’m playing now (okay, not exactly the topic but it’ll make for a shorter post):

Sid Meier’s Civil War Collection (mainly skirmishes at this point - just got the itch after seeing a promo for ‘Gods and Generals’).
Prince of Qin (See longwinded post).
Medieval: Total War (I wouldn’t agree that the strategic game is shallow - it does the job in recreating the ebbs and flows of history that frame the battles fairly well. Admittedly it’s no EU2 but they have completely different focuses).
And…Warlords Battlecry II which is really bugging me. I do hate conventional RTSes to pieces but, so far, the whole hero building aspect is keeping me interested despite myself. Of course, I’ve been playing for one whole day.

Gordon,

Presumably Freespace 2 is abandonware, as it can be found here:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=4150

System Shock 2 is on the same site. There are probably some other gems too.

Presumably Freespace 2 is abandonware, as it can be found here:

IT TECHNOLOGY FOR BUSINESS - The Underdogs

System Shock 2 is on the same site. There are probably some other gems too.

I’m more or less in favor of keeping abandonware available to the general public, but this is way over the top. this game is only 2 years old, and sells on ebay regularly at reasonable prices. how do these idiots keep the spa off their back?

Can I just take a snapshot and post it here of my bookshelf with my entire collection of game boxes? I cannot remember the last game I actually finished. HoMM IV or Kohan, I guess.

Suikoden III
Dynasty Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics

AoM
WBCII
Baldur’s Gate II
Majesty: The Northern Expansion
Kohan: AG
AoW II (Which I, finally picked, up for $19.99 a week or so ago and it is a huge step up from the original. MAny of the things that irritated me have been fixed. Great fun.)
NWN

I figure the publishers don’t care if it’s selling well on Ebay, they don’t get anything for that.

The way Underdogs works is they upload stuff and if the publisher tells them to take it down, if the publisher doesn’t say anything then they leave it there. So the publishers either don’t care, or they aren’t aware it’s there. Also, I think that some publishers have a sweeping “none of our properties should be on here” agreement with Underdogs.

Anyway, I’m with you when questioning the legality of abandonware, but when one of my old games has a bad disk or file it’s nice to be able to get it from the Underdogs, especially since the publisher doesn’t support the game in any way.

It’s kind of hard to get too uppity about it being available for download when it’s out of print.

Thanks, I’m downloading it right now. Should only take until 9 pm!