To tatoo or not tatoo!

Good lord…I’m so disillusioned now. This is worse than seeing Darth Vader with his helmet off in Empire Strikes Back.

Get it, but don’t ever make a big deal out of it. When/if (probably when) she asks, say that you got it to celebrate/remember/whateverworks her birth. Would work best with initials, I think.

Well, yeah, but it’s got, like, blood coming off it. Which makes it like, you know, a tough guy thing. I’m talking actual dripping blood. Well, there’s really just a few little drops. If they were blue, they could be dew. But they’re not. They’re red, because they’re blood. Get it? Blood. Real tough guy, like, see?

-Tom

Just be sure you know exactly what you’re getting.

hehe

God damn you, Bago, I was about to link that. I call foul, linking my own link before I get to link it!

Well, yeah, but it’s got, like, blood coming off it. Which makes it like, you know, a tough guy thing. I’m talking actual dripping blood. Well, there’s really just a few little drops. If they were blue, they could be dew. But they’re not. They’re red, because they’re blood. Get it? Blood. Real tough guy, like, see?

-Tom[/quote]

I wanted a wolf, but did not want my wife to shit herself as she thought the tattoo was a bad idea to start with. I went with my second choice. My 4-leaf clover does not really scream virility. In fact, it looks more like one where I have licked my shoulder and stuck the kiddie paper tattoo on.

True, semi-funny story: It first made its debut in front of friends of mine when we were playing basketball. One friend joked that it looked like a sprig of broccoli. The rest of the game everyone was calling me Charles Brocolli. After about the twentieth time, I gave up and quit defending it.

Mine needs blood and thorns and lightining bolts added.

If they made a pill you could take that would make the tatoo dissolve away, I would get one. If I didn’t like it in a few years, and with the way my tastes change it’s more than likely I wouldn’t want it anymore, I could pop a pill and it would be gone. But the utter permanance of it prevents me from ever getting a tatoo.

You have to come up with a timeless classic that you will always be proud to display. Like a naked demonic temptress with horns on her head, fangs, and the tattoo displaying her humping her own pointy tail.

So are we going to have to call you Rose Chick now? :wink:

Tyjenks, so you have seen my tattoo!

The thing is, there may not be a magic pill to make one dissolve, but I bet dollars to tattoo guns that within the next 20 years they can grow you a new patch of skin to put there, at a reasonable price.

For our 1 year anniversary, I got a tattoo on my right shoulder with my wife’s name in the middle of it. The design of the tattoo is something I don’t ever see myself regretting… but if I ever get a divorce, I’m pretty well screwed. There is no way to fill in the name or cover it up without it mauling the rest of the tattoo.

I thought a long time before getting my first tattoo. She wanted me to have it done while we were still dating, but I chickened out. In the end, having it done as a surprise anniversary present ended up working out well for both of us.

To each his own Jim. I have never heard it said accept in Hollywood marriage jokes, but tattoing anyone’s name on your person always seemed kinda dicey to me. If you two are that gosh darn in love and dedicated, that’s great.

I read somewhere that Angelina Jolie is now getting a new tattoo under the one which reads “Billy Bob” and it is going to say “is a Son of a Bitch”.

In the late 80’s I got a tattoo of a Gibson Les Paul on my upper arm, as I played in rock/blues band (really just a hobby for me ). Now at 37, married with 2 kids, sans Les Paul, and sans blues band, I suppose that the tattoo doesn’t have much meaning too me.

I thought about having it removed, but when I go through my mid-life crisis and buy that Harley touring bike I have dreamed of since I was a kid, I suppose it will come in handy.

What classic would be complete without big hair, big boobs, and a machine gun?

This I don’t understand. Why bother getting a tattoo that you can’t ever see for yourself? .

This I don’t understand. Why bother getting a tattoo that you can’t ever see for yourself? .[/quote]

Tattoos are not for you. They are for the Laideez.

[quote=“Tyjenks”]

Tattoos are not for you. They are for the Laideez.[/quote]

Well, of course, everyone knows chicks dig tattoos. (Insert Chick joke here) :)

I think my favorite related story comes from the mid-90s when Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder broke up. The “Winona Forever” tat became “Wino Forever”.

Ah, to be young and in love…

I say go for it. I’m waiting for a couple different people to complete designs of a couple different tattoos for me before I get one… but as long as the tattoo has some long-lasting meaning for you, go for it (which I’d presume a child’s name would heh). I’m getting my mother’s name tattooed on my back sometime later this year.

I also say go for it. My wife and I chickened out after the whole Pam Anderson, Hepatitus C thing broke in the media.