Tokyo Olympics 2020

Well that’s interesting to know. Thank you.

I hope to go back gain; everyone knows how plans go.

Technically this will be for the Paris games, but…

Limbo

I heard this story on the radio the other day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/04/why-is-japan-failing-so-badly-vaccinations/

7% or so and only Pfizer is approved. Japan’s bureaucracy is legendary.

There’d be lots of talk needed about Japan and vaccines in general, but even those 7% sound bs already: a person very important to me is top priority, lives in Tokyo and go to a major hospital facility very regularly, and they still don’t got it.

(also that site still didn’t let me read it because I’m in Europe or something, oh well)

Just use outline.com

Doesn’t work either: it says outlining then nothing more is displayed ;(

I will try it at the computer: this phone sucks!

https://outline.com/Tb6235

Almost all existing vaccinations were focused on medical staff and front-line workers. Only 45K(!) elderly Japanese are fully vaccinated as of right now according to their official stats.

Nikkei has a good infographic on this : チャートで見る日本の接種状況 コロナワクチン:日本経済新聞

Thank you for the link! Worked perfectly.

“Japan’s 1.6 percent rate of vaccination puts it on par with Myanmar

There we go, that makes more sense.

At least they allowed Pfizer’s pretty quickly. It took Japan forever to adopt tetanus vaccine if I recall.

Washington Post, you just have to Google for the headline and use the cached Google result (click the downwards triangle/dropdown next to the link)

Could we send some medical personnel and deploy them to Japan to help them out?

That is not such an easily fixed issue, sadly

context: there’s been a trade spat since 2019

S.K. court ordered Japanese firms to pay for slave labor in WW2.

Japan cut off exports of stuff Samsung needs

S.K. retaliated with a consumer boycott

Just yesterday there’s a new court case that seems to be reversing this. Seems like a top level decision to reverse course

“The Seoul court said in its ruling that it had to consider that forcing Japanese companies to compensate the victims would cause significant “adverse reactions” for South Korea internationally.”

What a courageous choice: to boycott half-cancelled Olympics taking place in a country not allowing foreigners to get in to begin with!

P&R: Makes one wonder who won WW2, uh.

One thing that can unite ordinary Koreans and japanese citizens is they all want to cancel the Tokyo Olympics!