Tom and Bruce go 20,000 leagues under the sea

Title Tom and Bruce go 20,000 leagues under the sea
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games
When April 2, 2013

The latest Tom vs Bruce has just gone live. The game is a solitaire boardgame called Nemo's War. ....

Read the full article

Hey, this is awesome - I love solitaire boardgames, played a bunch of Vesuvius Incident and solitaire variants of Ogre, so I obviously haven't played a good recent solitaire game. Checking out the link from the TvB page, looks like Victory Point may have several quality solitaire games. Have you tried any others?

I haven't tried any of the others, but the one I'm most curious about is the Prohibition era circus management game. No joke. I believed it's based on that Water for Elephants book.

Basically, I suspect you can't go wrong if you pick up anything by Chris Taylor, who did Nemo's War.

Wait, so the squid was originally Russian? Or just a metaphor that they retconned into a squid to get kids onboard (get it?) like they did with the sequel's original title, "The Unmysterious Mainland"? :(

My work browser still won't load that page :(
High Risk Website Blocked

Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/HTMLGen-A has been found on this website.

Same with me too!

Blocked for me as well. My security is from Sophos, which has been known to a be bit paranoid

Urk, I've Googled this and I'm afraid I have no idea how to resolve it. I can assure you that tomvsbruce.com is safe -- we're as vanilla a WordPress install as can be -- but you'll have to convince Sophos or your workplace that we're safe. If there's anything I can do to help convince them -- is there maybe a plugin or something that says, 'Hey, we're not Mal/HTMLGen-A!'? -- let me know.

The Hero of Weehawken is the best solitaire game in which you get to be Thomas Jefferson trying to hunt down his vice-president who's on the run after murdering a guy that you'll ever play.

In Magnificent Style, which has been not-unfairly described as "Confederate Can't Stop," lets you lead Pickett's Charge. It's an entertaining risk-management game in which you have to weigh the benefits of getting to the end against the risk of everybody dying, or rather everybody dying faster than usual.

List of the five best solitaire games ever:
(1) R.A.F.
(2) Ambush!
(3) Operation Barbarossa
(4) Phantom Leader
(5) Nemo's War