Tom and Bruce Online: Old World

Tom and Bruce Online: Old World Old World is out today on Steam! Bruce Geryk and I have an ongoing game underway and we’ll be posting an update every ten turns. Here is our starting situation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2022/05/19/tom-and-bruce-online-old-world/

Oh very cool.

Oh I like these.

Sweet.

I didn’t realize this was dropping on Steam today - I’d love to have it on my Steam library instead of EPIC so I could remember it exists. Does my EPIC copy qualify me for a free Steam key, by chance?

No, but there is a two-week discount plus free DLC offered on Steam to everyone.

That’s aggravating. I could have sworn I only bought this on EPIC because I’d heard you can get a Steam key. Ah well.

Why does the sound - sound so distant?

Yes, very nice of them imho. :)

Has any game first on Epic given you a Steam key later down the line? I can’t think of one.

Anyway can’t wait to see this.

They are very quiet. You’ll have to bump up the volume. I don’t know if that will blow out the volume of the game itself - when I record videos for YouTube I regularly have to adjust the game audio track to get very low so people can hear me over it, even with the mic set to 100% gain - the game audio that my software records is very loud.

Always great to hear you playing a game, Tom, and even better if Bruce is along for the ride as well. I’m really looking forward to this series, though I fear it’ll prompt me to add yet another long-form strategy game to the queue at a time when I can’t find the hours in the day for these kinds of games (despite adoring them).

The gruesome twosome returns! Epic!

Sorry, the technical issues are all me. I’m trying new stuff in Premiere that I haven’t done before, and sound levels from different sources is still confounding me. But I made sure to err on the side of too quiet instead of too loud, so it’s safe to turn up if you can’t hear us.

But duly noted and thanks for the heads-up!

-Tom

@tomchick glad your voice is doing better enough for this!

Certainly! You could say I want to have my ears fully filled with your voice 😁

There was one…ummm…Griftlands. I think you had to ask for it. I dont think it was automatic.

Phoenix Point. Though I think that was only if you were a Kickstarter or whatever backer, I don’t recall.

And on GoG if your game collection leans that way!

I enjoyed the Designer Notes interview, Tom! Great to hear your voice!