Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

[size=6]THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY THE MEXICAN ARMY.
ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH WARFIGHTER TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT?
[/size]

Apparently these new Ghost Recon dudes use bleeding-edge technology to rescue the President, but the trade off is that they have to call themselves “warfighters.”

Ooh, Captain Scott Mitchell! He’s my favorite name without a character!

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH WARFIGHTER TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT?

Why didn’t they just make Tom Clancy’s Escape from New York?

A Number One! The Duke of New York!!

Needs more adjectives in the title!

When I first read that title, I thought it was being developed by a Japanese company.

Namco is making a Counter Strike game, but all they’re doing is adding a “Neo” to the title.

And yes, that is one ambitious codpiece.

I was very dissappointed when GR2 for the PC was canned. It looked pretty good at E3 that year and most of my GR1 co-op concerns were addressed by the dev showing me the game.

I get the feeling that GR has gone the way of the console and it won’t be anything like GR1. GR1 was a huge amount of fun in both its single player game and in co-op and adversarial gaming.

I just like the way it sounds: GRAW. GGRAAWWWWWW!

FYI: Warfighter is relatively recent US mil-speak for the combat specialties of the US military. It was coming into vogue as I left the military; others may have a more recent insiders view. Warfighter, warrior, warrior mentality, etc etc

FWIW I hear the console and PC versions are being developed by separate companies.

FYI: Warfighter is relatively recent US mil-speak for the combat specialties of the US military. It was coming into vogue as I left the military; others may have a more recent insiders view. Warfighter, warrior, warrior mentality, etc etc[/quote]

Yeah, it’s not PC to say “soldier” anymore, you have to say “warfighter”.
Nor is it appropriate to say “Ground-pounder”, though they like “snake eater”. They also refer to themselves as “forward-leaning”, which strikes me as odd because when I lean too far forward, I fall down.

They didn’t find that joke particularly funny.

I am not a bad enough dude to rescue the President.

Anyone remember why Ghost Recon 2 was cancelled for the PC? Because the developers knew they wouldn’t please the PC fans, and I was one of those “unhappy” fans. Ghost Recon 2 just dealt away with too much of the gameplay that attributed to why I bought the first one (such as the ability to simultaneously control multiple squad members, non-arcadish gameplay, command map, etc).

From what I’ve seen so far for Advanced Warfighter, it looks like they are keeping in touch with their inner PC roots and won’t try to screw over the PC Gamers by offering a straight up port. Which is good, because if that’s all they do by the next Ghost Recon game their sales will have dropped a lot. People bought Ghost Recon because if it was unique… if they wanted derivative they could still be playing Counter-Strike: Source or whatever other game out there.

Did somebody say, Graw?

FYI: Warfighter is relatively recent US mil-speak for the combat specialties of the US military. It was coming into vogue as I left the military; others may have a more recent insiders view. Warfighter, warrior, warrior mentality, etc etc[/quote]

Triggerpuller, planeflier, uniformwearer.

Warfighter is definitely, as eliandi says, mil-speak for the guys who are supposed to get shot at and shoot back. At this point, it’s common usage in defense contractors also.

None of which makes it any less dumb of a word, unfortunately.

Namco is making a Counter Strike game, but all they’re doing is adding a “Neo” to the title.

And yes, that is one ambitious codpiece.[/quote]

wrong thread

badly westernized game box art

except its the opposite