Tom Clancy's The Division

I forgot how pretty this game is. Which I can probably say about any Ubisoft game I haven’t played in several months.

But as with any other MMO, I don’t remember a damn thing about what anything is or how stuff works. I have turrets? Cool! When did that happen? What’s all this stuff on my gun? What are all these different grenades?

-Tom

To be honest, I’m not that familiar with this aspect myself. All I do is press G and lob them, not caring what type of grenades get lobbed. Just go with the flow, I guess.

There are grenades in Division? I’m not sure I’ve ever used one.

They are pretty useful for crowd control and to flesh them out if their covers. Some grenades will burn or shock and immobilize them for easy pickings.

Some friends were interested in giving this a go because of the new horde mode, so I downloaded the whole thing again since there’s no way to tell if a ban has been lifted without trying to log in (my account was compromised, support escalated and said I wouldn’t hear from the ban appeal team). Nope, still banned. Fuck you Ubisoft.

This week is Global Event week and that means special play mode for PVE. Enemies will explode upon death. And as you take damage, a red bar fills up and when it’s max, you explode, hurting team mates next to you. That gives a different flavor, tactically, to the same levels and missions you have been playing. So much fun!

That really sucks. So your account was stolen, it was banned because it was stolen, but Ubisoft still won’t lift the ban?

Yep! Well, from what I can tell it was technically banned for hacking – received an email in the morning about a temp suspension, then another the same night about a full blown ban (which makes me question why they bothered to send the first email). But anyone with sense could see it was compromised: hadn’t played for months, dude emptied my friends list and added 3 dudes with the same clan tag, and the IP (which support asked for mine) would’ve been across the globe.

I’ll give support another crack, but expect the only outcome will be me never giving Ubisoft another dime.

Maybe try Twitter if their ordinary support channels don’t work? I don’t mean raising a public fuss, but usually official company support twitter pages have DMs open and are generally responsive that way.

for what little it’s worth, I had a much smaller problem (had signed up for 2FA but didn’t have the authenticator installed for some reason, and couldn’t log in to open a support ticket without being able to do the 2FA step) and I did a Facebook chat with the main Ubisoft page and they resolved it very quickly even after business hours. I’m sure that’s a much less stressful request than what you’re making but it might be another avenue to try that usually has a quick response.

I had this happen with Fifa on the PC. Someone hacked my account and started using it to coin farm. How this works I don’t know, but I got blocked from everything under EA. Took me about a month to get resolved.

I had it happen with my WoW collector’s edition account (except they never notified me, or anyway I didn’t get any notification) and that account remains banned to this day. Nothing I tried got them to budge an iota or even tell me why they were so adamant without ever trying to confirm that I wasn’t in control at the time. I’m still angry about it to this day. (This was back in like 2005 or 2006, maybe? Burning Crusade was about to come out, hence my attempt to resub that resulted in discovering the ban.)

So I picked this up today in a sale after trying the free weekend a few weeks ago. I quite like it so far. Weirdly enough I especially seem to like the Dark Zone. I remember that getting a lot of hate when it released.

I expected this game to be empty by now, but it seems like a lot of people are still playing even at low levels. Question: Is any of the season pass stuff playable at lower levels (I’m currently at lvl 11), or is that only end game content?

The Underground and Survival are definitely playable at “lower” gear scores. Keep in mind, though, that you have to level to 30 before getting into GS levels. So I guess the answer to your question is “kind of”.

Picked this up now as well, only played for like 5 hours but this is exactly the kind of online fun I need!
And good to know about the DLC’s - I’ll wait a bit more before possibly buying them.

end game content

Survival starts you from scratch each time you play it and you tech up during the the match. It’s basically a ‘battle royale’ in that sense, but you can choose pve or pvp. I’ve played every mode, and they all pale in comparison to survival, which is also the only mode to take full advantage of The Division’s amazing map of NYC.

That sounds cool. Will finish the main game first and then jump into Survival.

I really like the design of the cleaner faction. Their background story sounds like something that might actually happen in a situation like this. They look and sound threatening with that fireman clothing on. I also like that they have a weak spot other than a headshot that makes sense. Unfortunately the design of the other two factions isn’t quite as distinct.

I do love a game that includes enemies wearing flammable tanks on their backs that you can shoot to “pop.” That never stops being fun.

The “pop” animation is super satisfying in this one. I think it is because of the delay before the actual explosion when the cleaner scrambles around to get the tank off.