Tom Clancy's The Division

In that case, add me! rhamorim as in here.

I’ve hit level 24, and that was the wall I hit the last time around as well. It seems like enemies become a LOT more dangerous around this level - am I just getting worse at the game, or did anyone else see this as well?

I didn’t hit a wall like you did, but there were definitely difficulty spikes when I played through this recently. Fortunately it was easy to just do some side missions and level up beyond the recommend mission levels. That’s the way I did it at least.

Cheers. I will add you next time I am at my PC and have UPlay running. I think my Uplay name is something silly like Wr3nch (an old handle that I don’t use much anymore).

I think I am already friends with @divedivedive on the Xbox so I will keep you in mind if I get more active with the Division on the console.

Another pc player here - nihm on uplay… I think?

I added a ton of qt3’rs when it first dropped, but I rarely see anyone online on the rare occasions I play. That’s another thing I miss from the opening month- seeing tons of little icons on my map indicating friends in the vicinity within their own game world.

Friend requests sent to Wr3nch and nihm. ;)

Finally did it, stepped through the barrier and into the dark zone last night. And it went really well, all things considered. In fact, it went fairly uneventfully. I came across enemies pretty soon after entering, found a couple high end items, and made my way to an extraction site, fired a flare. Then a moment of panic as another player character joined me, and I unloaded my assault rifle right into his face. I thought “oh crap, my first time in and I’ve already gone rogue” but luckily it didn’t register as an attack, maybe that doesn’t happen until you attach items for actual extraction?

Anyway, we sort of unofficially teamed up since we weren’t chatting, sort of following each other around. I lucked into a couple of set item drops and headed to a second extraction, more difficult because enemies came at us from all sides, but we did succeed. Then I decided to stop pressing my luck and I bailed out. I’ll definitely be back, though, it’s a much more tense experience than standard PvE. I could see how it could get addicting.

You have to toggle rogue on. Just attacking another player no longer automatically flags you.

That’s a relief. I’ll be more careful in the future, my brain just wasn’t prepared to see non-enemies running my direction, I fired on instinct.

I didn’t know that! I’m thinking I might get back into the Division and maybe drag @tomchick with me.

I think the newer Rogue system in the DZ is much better now and less griefer friendly.

People cannot just hang around an extraction site and shoot you at the last minute. They now have to manually toggle Rogue status and everyone now knows that particular agent went rogue. They may even be highlighted on the mini map. It gives everyone a chance to properly react and prepare for an antagonistic agent.

How does being shot by someone with rogue toggled on differ from being shot by a non-rogue? Me not understand.

Are you playing on PS4? I’ve been considering re-nstalling it

I believe if you are in the DZ, all non-Rogue agents (default state) cannot hurt you with their weapons. So friendly fire or accidental fire won’t have any impact on you.

When someone toggles the Rogue state (via manual key binding press) that flips their status. A Rogue agent can fire at you and cause damage and you can fire at them and cause damage at any point while they are Rogue.

Originally hitting any player with a bullet in the DZ would immediately cause an agent to go Rogue. So if you were firing at an AI mob and someone ran in front of your weapon and you hit them (even by accident) you would instantly flip to Rogue status. This is no longer the case. The new system makes everything very intentional and deliberate. No more mistakes, accidents, and less prone to griefing.

Well, as I mentioned in my post, I unloaded an assault rifle clip into another player’s face but apparently I did not have rogue status toggled, so nothing happened. I guess you could say, The toggles - they do nothing! Actually no, that wouldn’t make any sense, don’t say that.

Ah - so friendly fire is off by default now. Ta.

I only have the PC version. I don’t think there’s cross play is there?

Feel free to add me to your friend list then, in case you ever see me online and wanna play. Same name as in this forum.

Why do you people play games on your spreadsheet-making machines?