Tom Clancy's The Division

Will enemies in the movie be bullet sponges? :p

Will they make Chastain and Gyllenhaal look as ugly as the player avatars in the game?

The movie might be good. The Division already has some great bits of storytelling, much of it found as voicemails on discarded phones or ghostly shadows of previous events. There’s nothing earthshatteringly original, but it’s solid. And, hey… Jessica Chastain makes everything better.

On the other hand, I suppose it’s more likely this will the the WWZ movie approach, ignoring everything interesting about the source material in service of a CGI-palooza that will sell well in international markets.

Isn’t there a DLC coming out for the game today? I thought I saw something on N4G about a season pass content drop.

I hope they score some sweet designer skinny jeans loot.

At this point, it’s more likely it’s never going to happen. Ubisoft’s corporate enthusiam sure is cute, though. I just love how they rattle off the names of Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs, and Rabbids as if they’re actual upcoming movies instead of just deals being shopped around to studios who saw how well World of Warcraft did.

-Tom

Here ya go… Expansion 1

They still make stuff for this game?

I saw a lot of people on my PS4 Friends list play it.
Nobody on my PC list play it however.

I’d still like to buy and play it someday, but after my beta experiences, I’m not prepared to drop anything resembling the full retail price on it. If it closes before I play, so be it.

Back to work, guys!

[quote]
With Update 1.4 in the works, it has become clear with your feedback and our own observations that our priority should now be on improving the core gameplay experience. For this reason, we have made several adjustments to our development schedule: Update 1.4 will be released in October independently from Survival, and will focus entirely on bug fixing, game balancing and other improvements. Survival, the second expansion that was initially planned for release with Update 1.4 is now postponed to a later date this year. The third expansion, Last Stand, will be released in early 2017. This new schedule will not only enable us to strengthen the core experience before adding new content, but also continuously improve it by allowing for more production time to ensure the quality of future updates as well.[/quote]

If they make enemies less bullet spongy then it’d be happy to finally play through this.

I am ok with body bullet sponge , but head shots should be 1 shot 1 kill, unless they have a helmet.

This would completely invalidate the MMO foundations the game is built upon though. It’s just way too easy to score headshots (on PC at least) and if every headshot was a kill then they might as well throw mechanics like rate of fire or dots out the window because they wouldn’t matter.

I agree. As it is, headshots do more damage, right? That’s how Destiny handles it. That should be enough to give it a more satisfying feeling to get a headshot.

It’s true that they would need to change some of the mmo aspects, but for the tour of games this is, i really do think that it’d be better with much more realistic damage.

Should be a sweet spot between one-shot-kills for headshots (which would be nice for more enemies) and having to empty your mag to get down one mob. And yea, Destiny handles it decently enough.

It’s an MMO. The sweet spot depends entirely on what level you are and what level the mob is. No one has an issue with that when it’s a wizard slinging a magic missile at an orc. Who knows how much damage a magic missile does? Who knows how many hit points an orc has? The game can make up whatever it wants. But as soon as you add guns and a somewhat plausible setting, people have real world expectations that don’t fit the MMO model.

The Division does cause extra damage with headshots, doesn’t it? I haven’t played in forever.

-Tom

Headshot do more damage/criticals and for me at least, are one-shot kills with a fully-geared marksman rifle.

I’ve finished the story missions and it feels really grindy to get the next level of gear. It’s not really designed for single player after the story missions are done.

Looks like big changes coming in 1.4. It’s sounding like that game I wanted to be playing all along. Here is a good video giving some details about how things will be working. I’ll be jumping in and checking it out for sure.

This isn’t a criticism of you or your post, but the face on the still image screen for that video is awful and makes me not want to watch it at all. I’m assuming that sort of thing actually does compel the typical YouTube gaming audience to “tune in” since I see that kind of imagery all the time, but man do I hate it.