Tom Clancy's The Division

It sounds like he thought he was just defending himself, if you shot first!

The thought crossed my mind but I mean, he did go rogue!

I had The House drop for me in the DZ yesterday, my first foray into PVP since I gave the game up way back before all the patches and expansions. I was so excited to get my first exotic that wasn’t Skulls MC gloves that I headed straight for extraction, only to be ganked on the way by two dudes who took special care to thank me for the loot.

I did get Big Alejandro out of a GE cache later, so I’m not so salty, but damn I wanted to keep that gun. I almost exclusively solo so those exotics are hard to come by.

Oh man, that’s brutal. Take heart though - I got my House from a GE cache, so there’s still two more weekends to get lucky. And I have two Skulls MC gloves, so I know where you’re coming from.

I grinded lexington event center (challenging) alot with the random masses. 780ish credits per 7minutes.

Was able to collect all 3 classified sets for this event. Will take a lot of time to put them together/mod/reroll into something useable.

Ive played since launch with one large break after 1.4. Still haven’t completed all the incursions.

Is there any interest in getting a group to run them? Probably need at least a 4 piece set with mid 270 gear score.

I use The House but I’m only using it as a secondary weapon. Nothing beats my fully optimized, Lightweight M4, so honestly I’m not sure what was the fuss about the House. I switched to The House for close up combat, just slaying whoever in my path or when my M4 ran out of ammo so instead of reloading I swapped to The House. It’s good and save my ass a few times but it will not be a primary weapon. Is that how you use it as well?

Short to mid-range, I guess mostly, with my marksman rifle - think it’s an M1A? - for longer range engagements. I forget, is M4 a marksman or an assault rifle? I find that the House definitely outclasses my old standby the G36 I had been using, its just a bullet hose of death, and remarkably stable as well.

M4 is an assault rifle. Very useful even for picking target at long range…

In that case I’ve probably used an M4 at some point or another, but I just don’t find assault rifles stable enough for long range engagement, I always end up falling back on a marksman. I used to go assault rifle primary/marksman secondary, but getting The House has prompted me to reconsider.

You are right. It’s also why I pump a lot of stability mod to the muzzle or the grip or the magazine. Then, the AR will become one of the most potent guns in Division.

I realize I’m kind of turning this thread into my live blog, but - I got a bonus cache yesterday with the last piece I needed to complete my Final Measure classified gear set! Which I probably won’t use much. Don’t get me wrong, it seems pretty good, just more geared for playin with a group I think, with its ability to turn grenades thrown at you into buffs for your group. I just don’t group up all that much.

I feel the same way, as does Marcostyle.’

For anyone unfamiliar, he’s the best streamer attached to this game. If you want to see in-depth analytics on how to mod weapons, etc, he’s your source.

I’d be curious to hear what your loadout looks like, with attachments and mods and the like. Because while I can certainly accept that The House is probably not the best gun available, it is tops in my collection for sheer damage output. I can take down pretty much any single enemy in the game with it in a one-on-one faceoff, and I can’t really say that about any other gun that I own.

So, in 1 hour of playing this weekend I got a second ninja bag.
Bit disappointed it was lower ‘rated’ than the first one though

Discovered that there was a way to increase stats on items though, but it seems to have a pretty low ceiling, or did I misread it?

Pushed one of them to 279 or thereabouts, the other is still at 269.

Is the ninja bag still the ‘go to’ item, or is there something else I should look for instead?

So I’m only level 22 and slowly working towards 30.

I think my ample time spent in the Dark Zone has kind of ruined my interest in the loot I receive in normal PVE missions. I was getting some awesome loot from just fooling around in the DZ or from DZ vendors. Then I went back into the PVE world to level up 3-4 levels and nearly everything that has dropped doesn’t even remotely compare to what I scored in the DZ. It almost started to affect my enthusiasm for the climb towards 30.

Also while most of my encounters in the DZ trend towards the positive I have had a few Rogue agents take me out. One in particular called me a wallhack faggot which I took as a compliment since his levels and gearscore were way past mine to the point that he could drop me in 1-2 shots while I was just barely pecking away at his HP. I wonder why he was so intent on claiming I wallhacked even though I could barely graze him? Lol.

I wouldn’t get too attached to your gear at this point, it’s all going to look like crap to you when you ding 30. Hell I’m at the point where I don’t even look at loot drops that aren’t yellow or green, and I remember how excited I was to see a purple!

My understanding is that you want to farm up classified sets during the Global Events. Classifieds have higher stat caps, can reroll two stats at the reconfiguration station instead of one, and have extremely strong 5 and 6 piece set bonuses on top of the original set’s 4 piece bonus. Predator, Striker, and Nomad seem like the go-to sets for solo play but any 6 piece will be a huge boost.

Speaking of which, new global event Strike starts today, so get back in there agents! Looks like the modifier this time causes enemies to explode. Should be interesting.