Tom Clancy's The Division

The blackout GE sounds really fun and would really change up my tactics. I would like to try it but Battletech is coming out and I came down with a strong bug yesterday, where I don’t even feel like playing games. :-(

It looks like it goes till April 30 so I might get some time in.

Wait, there’s a sickness that makes you not want to play games? That sounds like the worst thing in the world!

Edit: I too have a copy of Battletech coming to me but since the GE is limited to this week, and I have serious “gotta catch ‘em all” fever on a few classified gear sets, I’m going to give priority to The Division this week.

Ididn’t know this! That’s a great addition!

Yup, was nice. Shame it so far has given me a chest piece every time though… I need gloves god damn it!

RNG was very very good to me last night and today. Let me help you out with a tip that may not actually be a tip: I saw a couple of videos of folks who swore by wearing your incomplete set of whatever you wanted to finish, and the drops would be more likely to be of items you were lacking. I had a hard time believing it, I think it’s just random and most folks in the comments I saw felt much the same way. But, I’ll tell you what happened to me, for what it’s worth: I needed two items to complete my Striker’s battlegear classified set, and so I put on the four I had, cashed in a striker’s cache, and got one of the items I needed. This morning I did it again and got the other piece. Now, you may be saying, it was a roll of the dice! You literally had a 1 in 6 chance of getting any of them! And you’re probably right, I’m just telling you what happened. Maybe this is like a baseball player not cutting his hair while he’s on a winning streak, but it’s worth a try right?

Also, a note about the classified Striker gear: holy cow, this thing is damn near a “win” button. In improves your damage per connected shot, but simultaneously improves your healing rate with each connected shot, so you’re murdering people and simultaneously buffing yourself. It seems like it pretty much obsoletes the Nomad gear, since that is purely defensive. Wonder if they’re going to nerf it.

I only have one Striker Glove (I’m ashamed to admit) and I opened two Striker boxes and all I get is a lousy Gloves(!) and a nice Kneepad. 2 down, 4 to go.

Because of server issues since Blackout went live, the event has been extended 11 days to Monday, May 7th. A bunch more time to finish up any classified sets you’re working on (2 pieces left on D3-FNC for me – what a fun tank set).

I was wondering why the in-game counter jumped up to 10 days remaining. Woot!

I won two more Striker Gloves! Omg!

Lucky you! I’m still missing my D3 gloves.

How are all you folks doing with your classified loot? I got lucky yesterday and completed my D3 set, so now I’m one piece away from completing my Tactician and two away from completing Deadeye.

Sorry, I realize that’s a little braggy but I don’t really have anyone else to share with. I could tell my wife or kids but I’d just get a blank stare in return.

RNG was very unkind to me – three classified D3 boxes got me 3 holsters when all I need is a chest and mask. I haven’t worked up the motivation to grind more. Maybe I’ll give Striker pieces a shot this weekend.

I finally got a full set of Striker Classified \o/

Now I’m eyeing another set before the GE ends.

Me too! I can’t stop!

are you just doing legendary missions? I am wondering if Underworld or those weekly high value targets would yield better result. The problem with HVT is that I will probably end up solo-ing; then it’s better to play mission!

I’m doing a little bit of everything, just to keep from burning out. I managed to complete the Tactician’s set, so I’ve got three of the four classified sets on offer. Woohoo! I’ll keep going to see if I can get the Deadeye, but it’s not going to break my heart if it doesn’t happen. What I really need is a classified Nomad chest piece, just to complete that set. Guess I’m going to have to hope I run across one somewhere out there.

I’m getting really, really tired of the hunters. I remember the first few times I encountered them in the underground, I thought cool! They’re enemies with attacks and powers like me! This is interesting! And it was, mostly. Except that hunters get an attack that you never will - an instant kill melee attack. If one of them closes in on you and gets in arm’s reach that’s it, game over. I get a little jolt of panic when I realize I’m getting ambushed and have to scramble to find a defensible position to kill them before they get close and more often than not, I can’t. It’s kind of disheartening.

Also the next global event, Onslaught, starts Monday May 21 and runs for a full week through May 27.