"Tom's Stringent Vetting Policy"

I keep seeing references lately to people having to answer all kinds of questions to get an account here. All I had to do was send Tom an e-mail asking to be let in. What goes on with new accounts these days? What does Tom demand of supplicants to the QT3 altar?

Just curious.

My reference was entirely ironic, based on november’s citing such a policy.

Troy

I just sent an email saying I wanted to register, but he didn’t allow it until I told him a little about me. No big deal.

I don’t recall having to answer anything.

:oops:

I guess if there were a stringent vetting policy, I wouldn’t get in because my sarcasmometer is obviously broken.

I didn’t have to answer any questions, but I did have to cross a giant chessboard crisscrossed by deadly laser beams.

I had to promise him my first born child before I was able to post here.

How’d that go? I had to eat a sandwich made of live scorpions, while sitting in a wading pool full of live scorpions. Also, someone was playing a Scorpions CD, recorded live.

Man, I had to do the same thing, but he made me LISTEN TO THE FUCKING PIXIES. [size=2]The scorpions, on the other hand, were surprisingly tasty.[/size]

Man, I had to do the same thing, but he made me LISTEN TO THE FUCKING PIXIES. [size=2]The scorpions, on the other hand, were surprisingly tasty.[/size][/quote]

I had to rescue a magical princess from an evil dungeon deep in the woods guarded by hordes of ravenous beasts.

On the other, he did give me a cool keyboard skill of +2.

:oops:

I guess if there were a stringent vetting policy, I wouldn’t get in because my sarcasmometer is obviously broken.[/quote]

Can you see this: :roll: Then you’re okay!

I didn’t answer any questions, either. Holy shit, can you imagine?

[i]Interests: RPGs, my penis, Star Wars, Stanley Kubrick films, my penis, italics, HBO shows, and my penis.

Hobbies: Gaming and my penis.

Are you in the gaming industry? No. I wanted to make money as an adult.

Are you a gaming journalist? A [/i]what? Is that like “Army Intelligence” HAHAHA AM I RIGHT, FOLKS?

And then, several weeks of an empty Inbox, I’d imagine.

Tom made me confess my real name before I could have this account. Once the truth came out, I felt dirty.

The confession above was brought to you by Bull. :)

I had to answer 3 questions, but I failed when he asked my favorite color. I still got in, though, once I cut off my right pinkie in ritual atonement.

He made me give him a reach around :(

That Tom bastard made me remenise (sp?) about Planescape/Kings Quest/Out of this world… Damn him for bringining up such personal demons!

i had to go through a long interview.

I had to perform “the special handshake”.

I had to tell him about my latest Tom Chick dream. It was last night.

Wow, you guys are all so lucky. Just one test?

I’m continuously having to meet with Tom. He pulls out something he calls an “E-meter” and conducts long sessions with me that he refers to as “auditing”. He asks me to reveal all kinds of incredibly painful and embarrasing events to him so he can cleanse me of my inner “ghosts”. I’ve run out of embarrasing things to tell him, so I’ve begun to steal things from DrCrypt’s blog to relate. This seems to satisfy him, but I don’t know how much longer I can keep this up.

He also made me give up my longstanding Zoloft habit and ditch my therapist, apparently for being some sort of “pseudo-scientist”.

Well, hey, anything to maintain my membership here at Qt3. It’s worth every penny that he charges me for these sessions. The papers have nearly come through on that second mortgage; I’m looking forward to my next year here.