"Tom's Stringent Vetting Policy"

You think that’s rough, Tom made me read this thread! Oooh burn!

[size=2](I mean, it doesn’t make any sense, but Oooooh!)[/size]

Who is Tom Chick?

I didn’t have to do anything to join, but I had to pass a series of tests for each rank I gained. They all had some type of obstacle course and echo chamber involved, and each one had a special challenge as the final test. I remember for Vitanda est improba siren desidia, I had to Jello ™ wrestle super-strong professional muscleman Cleve for forty-five minutes, while Midnight Son and CindySue stood inches from my left and right ears, respectively, and had exactly the type of debate you’d expect for the duration of the contest. Cleve actually pinned me down several times, muscly as he is, but Tom said that didn’t matter; the important thing was being able to put up with something this stupid without giving up.

He made me swear an oath that said I couldn’t talk about what I had to do for Magister Mundi McCullough, though. Oh, you’ll all find out that one on your own.

I got dumped in a maze of twisty passages, all alike. Then I was eaten by a grue.

I’ve been around since the old boards, when they were begging people on cisipgs (forget the acronym) to come to their new website.

But I think it was Asher’s invite that got me here.

And I still had to define “fun” in 25 words or less, but I think Mark was just trying to piss Tom off.

He made me get him another beret for this extensive collection.

–Dave

I had to play a marathon session of Deus Ex all the way through in one sitting. And like it.

I still don’t understand why Tom asked me if I had ever been in a Turkish prison, or if I had ever seen a grown man naked.

That’s interesting, because he asked me for a happy ending… if you know what I mean.

I had to play kiddie games on nintendo handhelds and promise to quit playing sports games on PS2.

I also had to offer him a place to sleep on my couch during the next Sundance festival.

As I recall, I clicked on “register” and filled out the usual forms. I was let in without ever being vetted.

Clearly, I’ve intimidated him from the start.

Christ on a sodomitic skateboard but this is a lame thread. We need a new Godwin’s Law - first mention of monty python means all humour has left the building.

I sent him an email saying that I wanted to mingle with other games industry folks. I actually noticed I made a typo in the email when he replied, so I sent one back fixing the typo, and he was all like “Oh, I thought it was some new slang I didn’t know!”

Funny stuff.

So you’re even smarter than Tom? Is that what you’re saying?

He asked me but one question:

“What can change the nature of a man?”

Now we just need Igor to post, and we’ll have two of the most egregrious examples of the lack of a vetting policy.

I remember when my brother (also named Tom) joined, Tom (Chick) signed his reply email “the other Tom.” I wish I was making this up, but to this day, every time he sees me posting on Qt3, he asks me if I’m talking to TomChick, his best friend, and tells me that no matter what I do, Tom will never like me as much as he likes him.

The worst of it is, he’s right :/.

We have a messageboard?

If you reply “Koontz” you’re in.

Is your brother’s name ‘tombags’?