Too much CGI? No, Doolittle!

I literally have no idea what that film is about from that trailer. Something with a scared gorilla and an angry tiger. Or something?

I think he talks to animals.

My favorite Dr. Doolittle book was the one where Dr. Doolittle and two other guys beat up hundreds of pirates(?) on a floating South Pacific island that they sank by dropping a huge boulder into an extinct volcano to crack the air pocket. Why can’t they make that movie?

Exactly.

Heh, me too.

Looks like someone with a Pirates of the Caribbean addiction went crazy with this.

There’s also a lot of jumping in this movie. Animals jumping… People jumping…

Michael Bolton?

haha man I love that video!

Ummm… spoilers, but… ummmmmm… that’s something

“This is a movie that features a scene in which Dolittle sticks a leek up a dragon’s ass to dislodge skeletons, pieces of armor, and what looks to be the entire Spanish Inquisition. At the end, the dragon rewards him with a tender thank you and a long, drawn-out fart in his face.”

That’s a shame. All the trailers they were showing during the NFL playoffs last week seemed genuinely funny. They didn’t feature Robert Downey Jr at all, just CGI animals, but the CGI animals were funny in the trailers last week.

Every time I’m reminded of this… thing, I ask myself, what do they have on Downey to force him to make this?

Cha-ching! I imagine he’s getting at least $25M and a percentage, if not more. Wasn’t Depp getting $50M per Pirates movie? I wouldn’t be surprised if Downey is getting that.

His wife is one of the producers.

I’m to see this Sunday with a friend. She really, really wants to see it. We’ll have fun no matter how the newest trailers make it look so much worse than the earlier ones.

I have always felt strongly that Doolittle is the best Pixies album.

I’m more of a Bossanova man, myself.

I used to think Doolittle was good, but not great. Then I finally got a physical copy, was driving around listening to it, and was very delighted when an 11th track (No. 13 Baby) started playing—my pirated copy was missing a third of the album. That was an amazing 15 minutes of my life.

Really? Come on now. I have read a lot of terrrible opinions on this forum, but the only possible alternative to Doolittle is Come On Pilgrim & Surfer Rosa.

All good albums, but the surf rock of Bossanova is far and away my favorite Pixies sound.

Way to defuse my attempt to ignite a controversy about something way more fun than Star Wars! Let’s all be reasonable then! I guess!