Top 10 games on a given console: Atari 2600 (aka Get Off My Lawn) edition

Don’t know if I can sort them in priority order at all… Enumerated anyway, but don’t read much into that aspect.

1. Pitfall I was never very good, but I played this for hours and hours and hours making maps and plotting courses.
  2. Enduro Always loved racing games. I would hit a Zen state on this one and just go. Loved it.
  3. Yar’s Revenge Another I sucked at bug loved. My cousin owned this own before I did and we’d play it at his place. Great memories.
  4. Ms. Pac Man Amazing rendition. Didn’t try too hard to be exactly like the arcade, which the 2600 couldn’t handle, but instead captured the feel of the game and created its own thing.
  5. Asteroids One of the few I actually did get good at. I could play this pretty much indefinitely until sleep deprivation made me get clumsy. My sister and I had to institute a “you only get one life” policy when taking turns and it still wasn’t enough.
  6. Adventure A friend down the street had this one. One of the first that made me feel like there was a sense of progression rather than just “and now the next level is even harder!”
  7. Warlords One of the few (to me) really great multiplayer games for the 2600. Another that my cousin and I played to death.
  8. Raiders of the Lost Ark Like Adventure, this captured the feeling of there being a story behind the game as well as the game itself being fun.
  9. Missile Command Captured the feel of the arcade version pretty well. Less frenetic due to hardware limitations, but still really really fun.
  10. Frogger My sister’s favourite by far, and not far behind for me. Many many hours were spent doing our best to have froggies not go splat.