Top 10 Games on a Given Console: NES Edition

Lots of Qbs could. . . well, ok, some of QBs could complete 100 yard passes (Marino e.g.), . The best QBs, if they had good receivers, could do it more consistently (it’s just a jump ball at that point, so both the QB’s ability to throw that far, throw it accurately, and the WR’s ability to catch factor in).

But Jackson was the only RB who, if the D called his play, could still elude the suddenly unblockable and extra speedy defense. SF and the Dolphins were the only teams with 3 pass plays, and IIRC the only teams with a safety route for each pass play (although the slant route was a little temperamental so it was really more like 2.5).

Taylor wasn’t the only defensive player who could block FGs/PAT either. I actually like these sort of crazy aspects of Tecmo bowl. Realistic? Hell no. But it made for a fun, arcadey experience that had surprising depth. Especially the next gen’s Tecmo Super Bowl, with it’s played season and modeled fatigue on your players.

Also, I seem to recall some KR shenanigans for some teams but I can’t recall exactly what that was. Ahhh, the good old days.