Top 10 Most "Rage Quit" games

I was just a terrible player when I played the first game. I have since done NG+++ in DS1 and they are no problem. But when I first played I was just a button smasher. :)

I could never beat the original TMNT for NES. A very pretty looking NES game, tho.

Watch this and despair:

I also never beat it as a kid. :/

That is a long ass game before the speed and screen exploits and difficulty.

And that ending…

I’m not a rage quitter, but the game I saw it more than any other is easily Left 4 Dead.

Everquest. OG '99 version, not the current version.

Log in as a wizard. Spend an hour soloing in the Karanas, trying to gain xp. Screw up a pull and aggro a second mob. Kill the first one, but the wizard is low on hp with the second mob pounding away. Cast Root, but it’s resisted. Cast Gate, but it’s interrupted. Die somewhere out in the middle of West Karana. Lose all the hard-won exp gained from the last hour. Spend 20 freakin’ minutes trying to find the wizard’s corpse in that huge wasteland of a zone. Recover (eventually) and loot corpse. Log out.

I also never finished it at the time in the original PSONE, and I’ve been looking to replay it for a while. Sadly it’s not available as a digital download on the US PSN, and since I already have a US and a JPN account, I really don’t want to make another one (plus, changing accounts on the vita is a mess).

Original EQ, yah…probably had a few rage quits in that game. I played wiz as my very first character in EQ, and lost my level more times than I can remember now. The exp penalty was seriously brutal, especially the first 6 months before they adjusted it the first time. Trying to find a corpse when there was no locate corpse, or compass, especially if you were a race that didn’t see well in the dark in a zone like Feydark…the horror. As much of a pain as all that was, it made the game exciting.

More recently, I rage-quitted a few Heroes of the Storm sessions.

I enjoyed the game – really, the only MOBA that ever interested me at all – but fuck the player base. Life’s too short to be subjected to an endless stream of insults by random ‘teammates.’

Already mentioned Eve Online. Fucking gate campers spun me up, every single time.

Already mentioned Everquest. Corpse runs as a game mechanic was the most obnoxiously stupid crap I’ve ever gotten spun up about. Especially when it got bad and you left 20-30 corpses along the way to try to get your stuff back.

Not yet mentioned and I’m surprised: Ultima Online. When PvP didn’t just include killing you, but also getting everything you had stashed as well.

This week I rage-quitted Dungeon Rats. I got sick of dying in one or two hits, and the reload save times are very long. I really like the game. But it’s not worth the aggravation.

Historically, TMNT for the NES was brutal, and I never finished it.

Did it have underwater levels with bombs, I recall much frustration there.

Fucking Cuphead.

Unity of Command for sure.
The original Minecraft when it was in Alpha.

Prepare to be sad:

Takes this guy like a minute and a half to clear the water level.

D:

I didn’t realize you could switch turtles in the underwater level!

SOB!

Into the Breach and FTL :p

Tom Nook is a crook.

Teleport puzzle. Fuck that shit.