Top 10 Most "Rage Quit" games

Into the Breach sometimes…

GTA 4 last story mission. Long ass mission, no save point. Miss a jump midway. Fail. Start again?

No. RAGEQUIT.

San Andreas had that shit with the RC planes that made me lose my mind.

Oh my god. I did that mission sooooooo many times. And then your reward for finally finishing it is that the game kills the character you love.

Add a new game to the list, I just rage uninstalled Nier Automata after failing the sequence with Pascal vs a Goliath. Screw that game.

I never finished San Andreas because of that mission.

Edit: I’ll go further and say that it killed the franchise for me. I had completed them religiously before it, afterwards I didn’t even bother buying them until they came on sale and got nowhere near completing any of them again. The entire franchise died for me on that one stupid mission.

I feel you. I’m not usually much of a ragequitter, but some levels of Into the Breach have made me throw my mouse.

For me it was the RC helicopter mission in Vice City. Couldn’t complete it for the life of me.

I bet it was the exact same mission I was having trouble with. IIRC, you had to fight off people in multiple parts of the city and there was a timer on each fight that gave you an instant kill if time ran out. It was a fun game up until that point but I never could beat that mission.

I never purchased the hint book for Darklands but MicroProse mailed me all the patches for the game free on 3.5" floppies.

As for the topic of this thread, the first title that came to my mind was Robinson’s Requiem. But then, how can one rage quit a game when it is already over due to the player’s demise? Anyway, I quit playing it after several losses due to my untimely and usually gruesome deaths.

More recently I have decided against wasting any more of my time playing Nantucket. After numerous attempts, I just gave up trying to win that game.

PUBG for sure. I’m surprised I haven’t broken a mouse or something yet. There’s so many ways that the game can drive you insane and sometimes you will run into a day where NOTHING will go right.

Dark Souls would come in second, but honestly it’s never come close to how annoyed I get in PUBG when something annoying happens. Like the other day when I find a crate and super looted up and the F’N red zone pops on top of me and gets me killed. F you game F you! I’m going to rage post! ;)

I rarely experience rage. Though I am frustrated with my inability to graduate from easy to normal difficulty for Into the Breach. The return on time invested isn’t great enough for me to continue with this game, which is too bad since I like it. I just don’t expect to finish it on normal.

I’m writing a “It’s me not you” break up letter.

You know, I hate to admit this. I’ve been playing Skyrim: Enhanced or EE or whatever , on legendary, and I’ve lost it a few times from dying. Something about the fact that there are leveled up antagonists, I don’t do adequate damage, and I get one-shotted aggravates the living hell out of me. Almost a ragequit.

San Andreas had so many ragequit quests. The ‘no checkpoint, start over’ BS in that game was off the charts. Darkest Dungeon was another one for me, rage un-install even. At one point, I would have burned it if I had a physical copy. Getting a well developed character killed in the first round of combat, with literally nothing you could do about it, was the single dumbest and worst game design I’ve ever come across.

It’s not rage really when I quit a TF2 match to go find another one, it’s just the recognition I’ve joined a team of imbeciles and it’s best to move along.

Typical but not remotely exhaustive examples of moronic behavior witnessed just today alone:

1. everyone getting the bright idea to play a class we don’t need, 3 snipers and 3 spies on a team = getting rolled
  2. having the pyro or heavy you just uber’d literally stand there and do nothing (both happened)
  3. DM’ing the whole time instead of actually pursuing the objective, i.e. move the cart or capturing the point

Mellow gamer. My only rage quit coincided with finishing a game I liked.

So… the Space Taxi final screen, which you only get by beating all 24 screens with 5 lives.

I was quite excited to see this. Not only does it have a weird riddle, but it references 3 other Muse games that I also loved.

I could still fly around on the screen, but nothing happened. Hitler wasn’t taking my cab.

The riddle? Was it referencing the weird “Pi” key? Doesn’t seem to. What fire? What?

Spent like 30 minutes banging around. Nothing. So frustrated immediately after massive victory.

Found out years later that the riddle referenced the instructions screen, which no one would ever look at more than once. At the end of explaining the controls, it said “press fire to exit”. That’s how I was supposed to know that the riddle applied there.

Arrrrgh.

Rings a bell!

I looked at some playthrough videos on youtube and the game looks great still. But I was reminded of something that added to the difficulty: the really short draw distance, Unless I am remembering incorrectly, I think enemies seemed to pop out of nowhere at times. Still, what great atmosphere. Would love to see something like this today (and Colony Wars, I loved that series).

So I just picked up the game again, noticed I had bombs and liquid fire stockpiled. Beat that encounter without too much trouble. Yay.

AC: Odyssey isn’t a rage quit game but I think it may be a lull quit game. I’m playing and I just feel like I’ve done it all before in Origins. While Kassandra delivers her lines well and some are entertaining, the writing as a whole if just too goofy to really get wrapped up in it. Most fights feel very similar. I don’t think the beautiful world alone is going to keep me engaged much longer. It seems like the fantasical enemies may be more interesting, but they seem so far away. Maybe shelving this for a significant amount of time would lead me to want to finish it in a year or two.

After a while I was only playing it for the plot. The only fights that were competitive (other than that dumb poison pig) were when I got jumped by multiple mercenaries or if I really provoked a lot of a fort at once.