Top 5 Wii games?

Wii sports has blown away my expectations.

I brought this over to a friends house for the weekend and the folks there couldn’t/wouldn’t stop playing it.

Golf and bowling were the big winners, and the training mode where you go after more and more pins ended up being the most played.

Rayman got played as well, but folks enjoyed watching me play it far more than playing it themselves.

I just ordered Zelda, I need to pick up Rayman.

Has anyone noticed range issues with the controller? Sometimes it seems to lose its connection about halfway between the TV and the couch, and I have to stand uncomfortably close to the TV.

Check your sensitivity settings. I set it up next to a Christmas tree, and until I turned them down it seemed like I couldn’t use it more than four feet away.

That Rayman game is a blast, my arms and hands are killing me from playing it non stop yesterday with the GF’s nephew. The penalty shootout had the entire room laughing when he boots the Rabbit instead of the ball but we only got a quick look at the choir level.

Again I’m thinking I can win her over with the Wii and this one, she was really into the idea of the game itself and liked the puzzles like the tilt the ball ones where she wasn’t struggling against the controller. Me, I got lumbered with all the ‘Bunnies can’t dance’ levels and the ones you had to run, though listening to him on the Karaoke machine last night I’m pretty sure that the concept of rythum is alien to him at the moment, bless him.

Stupid Question:

How do you enable a second controller in Rayman: Raving Rabbids? I picked up the game yesterday, and wasn’t able to figure it out. The manual clearly states that you can play co-op, but doesn’t tell you how to enable another controller.

Seriously, I thought there were only two or three games at launch.

I’ve seen dozens of Zeldas, a few Red Steels, and possibly another
game I couldn’t identify. Icky neon-colour title or something?

If there’s a Zelda shortage in the US, I think I know where the bulk of them landed :)

Haven’t tried it in that game but I think you are supposed to use the Reconnect setting in the Home menu when you want to enable multiple controllers.

That is a temporary syncing, and will clear itself when the remote or the Wii turns off. If you want permanent syncing, open up the lid where the SD card goes on the Wii to find the Wii sync button and take off the battery cover on the remote for the remote’s button. Push the button on the remote first, then press the button on the console.

Once they are synced (using temporary or permanent syncing), the game should recognize the second remote, though I don’t know the specifics for Rayman.

Rayman, especially the shooter levels, is great. But the dance levels suck, I can’t seem to pass a single one.

I don’t know if this will help, but here’s how I breeze through them all:

Don’t hold the remotes “normally”. Instead, pinch them on the end loosely between the thumb and index fingers. Then “waggle” the sticks slightly when you’re going to the beat. It won’t correct for lack of timing, but it will make it much easier. It also works well for the “running” levels.

I love ExciteTruck a ton and I just picked up Elebits and that’s awesome too.

Haven’t played much Zelda for some reason…

I checked the manual, and it says about eight feet is the max distance, which sucks because we have an ancient 52" monstrosity and the couch is 15 feet away. Eight is a bit uncomfortable.

Also, what’s with all the damn unlockables? I want to play my Wii with friends, not alone in my basement so I can unlock tracks/holes to play with friends!

It’s still such a blast.

How do you enable a second controller in Rayman: Raving Rabbids? I picked up the game yesterday, and wasn’t able to figure it out. The manual clearly states that you can play co-op, but doesn’t tell you how to enable another controller.

The easiest way is registering your Wiimotes permanently as nKoan described. That way each Wiimote ‘signs up’ quickly as soon as you switch it on. Not sure if all Wiimotes have to be turned on already in the case of RRR or if the game also registers new entries on the fly, but it should work that way once you’re done. If you have more than on Wiimote connected then (and enabled), you should be able to add additional players in the Score Mode.

-Julian