If any of you have had this error in WOW, then you know what I’m talking about. My comp has run fine but my bro’s has not. We’re both sporting AMDs, his is a 2800+ and mine’s a 3000. (In fact, that’s one of the exasperating parts, the machines are similar and one works while the other doesn’t.)

Here’s where we are:

1. Reformatted and reinstalled XP and WOW.
  2. All updated drivers for everything.

Had purchased a new stick of 512 ddr-2700 and am going to try some swap outs for the different slots. (Haven’t run memtest but no other games are a problem.)

Have scoured the Blizzard tech support forum but haven’t seen many work-arounds except to try to copy a back-up of the game directory for when the files get corrupted and to do a replace.

Also saw a post to delete the WDB and WTF folders and to launch with -opengl.

I don’t know, we’ll probably try that just out of a morbid curiosity to see if it works.

Has anyone here actually beaten this thing? Any comments or insights are appreciated. Have a good one… :D

Ahhh! Covert WoW threads creeping into every area of the forum!

Heh, heh. I guess you’re right about that. We’re just so frustrated with this &^[email protected] game that even commiseration would be welcome.

From the looks of the Blizzard forums, we’re definately not alone on this issue. I’m just surprised there’s not any good work-arounds…

Run Prime95 overnight, see if it reports any discrepancies. If you’re wanting to stress your system, it kicks memtest86’s butt around the block. Twice.