Torchlight Frontiers - Co-Op Diablo Goodness

Their website does have as “sign up for beta” button on it.

Same here. Looks great. That article sounds very encouraging as well.

I want to say the lighting and animation seems a lot more “physical” and than the more stylized Torchlight look, if you catch my drift. Like the shaders are more material based and the animation seems to have more weight to the motion.

Looks good.

Im signed up ready for beta but no email yet.

Torchlight was always one of my favourites and TL2 remains a perma-install. I have a game on the go with Synergies and some other mods and there’s plenty of content ive not seen but something new is a real prospect.

Any word on controller support?

Anyone else get an alpha invite?

Not I. But I’m really not interested unless I can play this on my phone! ;)

No NDA? How is it?

It is just a small test running this coming weekend according to the email I received. Don’t know much beyond that. I’m out of town for a conference at the moment, so I won’t be dealing with it until I get back.

Another one on this weekend although I’m not invited yet. My m8 is playing and it sounds interesting so far. I guess he’s behind NDA so won’t reveal the snippets he has mentioned.

For a second, I thought you were talking about a phone.

Oh, yeah see what you mean. Of course Im on about alpha two. Im not one for playing too early anyway tbh but glad to see development is moving on. TL is a big fave of mine.

I’ve got an invite, but haven’t installed yet. I guess I should.

Got into the alpha. So far really enjoying the game.

Looks interesting, the tracks annoy me because of how they can be totally messy and still work, and I’m a tad disappointed he’s not a hobo, riding the rails, but it looks like it has potential.

I don’t want any carry limits if I’ve got a damn train though. And the gun with legs that Borderlands 3 offers is so much simpler and more efficient, but this is way cooler. I wonder if this entry will ever meet or exceed the goodness of Torchlight 2.

OK that is pretty cool. I’m down for the battle train.

Huge, huge write-up about the Railmaster class here:

It talks about skills, early conceptual design, lore, etc.

RAILMASTER GAMEPLAY

Just like Max’s original notes, the Railmaster is all about swinging a big hammer and laying tracks for their train companion. You can mix it up in melee, bring the full power of your train to bear, or anything in between. With the various options for your train, there’s a really strong feeling of utility when it comes to the playstyle of the Railmaster. You’ll steam through enemies once you’ve found the build that speaks to you!

RAILMASTER SKILLS

Here are a few staple Railmaster skills which should give you a good idea of how the class plays.

Add Track
Extend your rails so the train can follow you. The Railmaster will continue to lay track behind themselves until this skill is cancelled. A Gun Turret train car deploys with Add Track and moves as far as it can towards the end of the track, attacking enemies along the way.

Mortar Car
While this skill is equipped the train gains a Mortar Car that lobs explosive payloads at enemies. Activate the skill to launch an incendiary round that deals fire damage over time to a target area.

Shield Car
While this skill is equipped the train gains a Shield Car that grants damage reduction to allies within range of the effect. Activate the skill to create a larger, much tougher shield area for a short time.

Ghost Train
Call forth the spirit of an ancient train. The Ghost Train hurtles forwards dealing high damage and knocking back foes.

Pound
Slam your Railhammer to the ground dealing weapon damage in an area with a chance to stun foes.

Like everything we’re doing with Torchlight Frontiers, we’re putting the Railmaster in your hands with the intent of incorporating your feedback. This new class will be available with Update 5 which is expected to be released April 23. All aboard!

https://gph.is/g/aQVGRAZ

Love the rail and train concept, not sure if I have seen anything like that in other Diablo-clones. Interest just increased notably.