Torchlight : Mythos-reborn

Everytime you post in this thread it’s more good news and I feel even better about giving you some of my money.

10 activations is still an infinite number away from the ideal.

Edit: Good news about Steam, though.

Oh man, don’t hassle him with this bullshit. If you need to install more than ten times, I’ll give you the $20 for a fresh copy. The infrastructure to maintain accounts and do billing like Steam does isn’t free.

Great, I’ll be grabbing a copy then. Thanks!

Looking forward to this. My only non-activation concern is if there will be enough enemy and item variety in the art or if it will be the same-looking enemies and items with larger numbers, but that’s not a big enough worry to drive me off. Especially at $20. Also looking forward to the Matt Uelmen music while dungeon crawling.

Think I’ll take the plunge on this, especially at that price point. Never did like Diablo 2 single player, but loved it online. Same with Titan Quest. Hope I can get into this.

There’s about 230 unique weapon models,
roughly 45 ‘suit’ looks ( helm, boots, chest, shoulders, gloves ) - 15 per class
( there are way more actual items and armor than this - that’s just the visual differences )
something on the order of 40 or 50 unique monster types ( not counting reskins/variants )
7 distinct tilesets ( very distinct - none of that Fate nonsense )
about 45 minutes worth of new music from Matt
3 classes
15-16 unique class active skills per class, and 15-16 shared passives, and 25-30 spells ( learnables that come on scrolls )
loads of uniques, set items, socketables, item combination recipes, item enchantment, so on and so forth. We tried to cram in a good bit.

Travis

Backing up a game onto dvd costs me less than a dollar.

Awesome awesome awesome. Chomping at the bit for this.

I apologize if this is the umpteenth time you’ve answered the question, but: will the future MMO look similar to this singleplayer game? I love the artwork you guys have put together here.

Yes, it will have the same style both in the art and the gameplay. The player models will probably be set up differently to allow for more customization and armor sharing, but we hope to carry most of the art from Torchlight into the MMO.

Does it include the awesome pet transformations from FATE?

I wanted to post more inane debate discussion regarding profit margins. You have now ruined that for me.

Amen.

I am sure some of you hardcore gamers have installed something more than ten times, but I sure as hell have not. Or is it just the principal that the the world/the man is limiting the access to a game you paid for? I just do not understand this gripe at all. Its 20 friggin dollars. I probably have more than 50 games I have only installed once. What if it was 50 installs? Would that still be a problem?

So…an awesome Diablo-type game that’s good and excellent and only $20 under normal circumstances and currently discounted 10% on Steam and the only drawback is that you have to play it by yourself? Since that’s how I played Diablo 2 and loved every minute of it, I think I’m sold.

In fact, ordered.

Thanks, Travis - I’m looking forward to it. One week and counting.

For what it’s worth, after an unexpected computer rebuild a few years back, I had to contact them for FATE since I lost my install key info, and they gave me no trouble in providing the info once they verified my personal data.

I suspect that Runic will be just as reasonable to deal with.

I don’t know. 50 should probably not be much of a problem for most people. Then again take a game like Diablo II, Baldur’s Gate, or even the original Half-Life; I couldn’t begin to count the number of times I’ve installed those games on new systems since I first purchased them.

This is now the 10th best selling game on Steam, so good for Runic. I can’t quite figure out why I’m looking forward to it since I detest randomly generated levels, but here I am, already pre-ordered and everything.

Qt3 Sheep.

Pre-purchased 2x copies! The wife, who ONLY plays Diablo clones, is pretty pumped!

Maybe, though I like the art and the sort of steampunk-ish vibe. I also assume that through the course of a single game the levels aren’t randomized, just when you start a new one, so maybe it won’t bother me that much (though it will when/if I start a new character). Also, Sacred 2 made want to play an action RPG that was better than Sacred 2, so maybe this’ll fit the bill. It seems like the best bet out there right now at any rate.

You could do a lot worse than being sheep on QT3 though. At least the majority of the gamers here have some taste.