Toronto meet confirmed

Saturday, Sept. 6 at 1PM, at Amsterdam Brewery (near 600 King St. West)

For those who couldn’t make it, I’ll try to organize another for sometime in October. No, not Halloween.

Damn, I’ll be at work, but have a great time. Hopefully someone will setup a weekday evening/night meet. In Richmond Hill.

Actually, there is a new fantastic bar in Richmond Hill - The Honest Lawyer. It’s a chain, but it’s incredible. Golden Tee, bowling (one lane), hoops, pool, an ‘L’ shaped pool table, this crazy take on air haockey game and more.

Plus, Mondays are all you can eat wings nights.

I’m in Richmond Hill at least once per weekend.

We could have a mini-meet on Monday, for the wings :)

Sounds like a plan. But first I have to pick my university courses for next Monday. Damn, I’m lazy.

I’m totally in for a Monday night meet in RHill. Where’s this place you speak of, tromik?

It’s right at Leslie and Highway 7. It’s where Challengers used to be, just infront of Rocky Mountain High and Jack Assters. Asstors. Assstuff,

OK, so this Monday it is.

Highway 7/Leslie, at the Honest Lawyer.

Waoh, Labout Day Monday? I’m there! Sept 9 (next Monday) is no good for me though, what with school starting and all.

Also, what time, and how is this gonna go down? We gonna meet some how with a qt3 car honk every five minutes?

How’s 8pm sound? I have now idea how we’ll “meet” because I don’t know the restaurant very well nor any conspicuous locations to wait.

Wait, I’ve got it! Wear a game t-shirt!

Sorry I didn’t show guyd. I didn’t have access to any wheels. Hopefully we can have another Monday meet.

Again I’m sorry I didn’t show. Hope you had a good time.

Actually, neither of you confirmed. Maybe we should make a more liberal schedule.

Sorta OT, but can I ask you Canadians something? Just saw that Bowling for Columbine movie… do Canadians lock there doors? In the documentary I found it pretty amazing that most people seemed to keep there doors unlocked! In America I don’t know ANYONE who keeps there door unlocked.

etc

At night or when not home, yes. In the day when home, no.

My girlfriend’s parents keep their door unlocked. They live on a farm in Tennesee.

Even when you’re at home?

Sorta OT, but can I ask you Canadians something? Just saw that Bowling for Columbine movie… do Canadians lock there doors? In the documentary I found it pretty amazing that most people seemed to keep there doors unlocked! In America I don’t know ANYONE who keeps there door unlocked.

I lock my door before going out and before going to bed at night. If I’m home and awake, I tend to leave it unlocked. I think most Canadians are like that, but I don’t have quantitative data to support my claim. I also bet Moore ran into a lot of locked doors when shooting that segment but didn’t put them in film. :P

Because, of course, everyone in Amerika owns a gun and wants to shoot you, just for no reason. When I lived in Wrigleyville, I would always lock my door, because you never knew what kind of drunk Cubs fan might decide to walk in and take a nap in your foyer. That’s called living in the city. Where I live now (outside Chicago) I don’t always lock my door, and have even accidentally left my garage open several time, both all day and all night. Despite the fact that there are a bunch of expensive road and mountain bikes hanging there in plain view, nothing has ever been stolen, and no one has ever broken into my house. I’m sure Michael Moore has some explanation for this, like the fact that my town was colonized by the French.

Of course, you don’t know me so you can still breathlessly exclaim that you don’t know ANYONE! who keeps there door unlocked. In AMERIKA!

Well, maybe I keep the door unlocked every once in awhile. But I usally lock it out of habit! Or maybe I’m secretly paranoid!

etc

So, assuming I can drag my ass out of bed tomorrow in time to actually get to the brewery for 1pm, how are we supposed to find eachother?