Total Annihilation and Master of Orion find a new home

Title Total Annihilation and Master of Orion find a new home
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in Games
When August 2, 2013

World of Tanks developer Wargaming.net has purchased the rights to both Total Annihilation and Master of Orion. Wargaming.net's CEO Victor Kislyi confirmed the purchase during a press conference held in the company's home city of Minsk, Belarus..

Read the full article

Has Wargaming made anything TBS? A MoO rts is preferable to a MoO console cover-shooter, but still firmly DO NOT WANT.

I have no idea whatsoever how a MoO cover shooter could work. But... I'm intrigued enough by the idea that I almost hope someone takes it seriously enough to work on it. It's possible I want to hide behind a Psilon's head and shoot someone...

I loved Master of Orion 1 and especially 2, first strategy games I played growing up but I am a little nervous about a modern take on the series.

I guess if they could minimize the worst parts of late game colony management and eliminate the easy mode that was the creative trait while keeping the all the awesome bits of building an empire any way you choose then a reboot could be the best thing ever.

If anything, they'll probably just publish it and leave development to Taylor...hopefully...