Total War developer Creative Assembly fiddles while Rome II loads

A few thousand hours actually seems a bit low for a grand strategy fan. I mean, I have a thousand just from Crusader Kings II and Total War: Shogun 2 alone. Who knows how many I put into the first Rome back in college, when I used to have free time?

Thanks for saving me some dough! had a feeling they were going to butcher it

You made a huge mistake in that review, fella! A HUGE mistake! You are wrong, so much wrong, more wrong than a rapist pedo killing a dog puppie!!!

Civilization V is awesome. That's all. Dont compare it to crap Rome 2, please... Would you? That's wrong!

Oh, that form of multiplayer. I can see how that would be disappointing, but I've never bothered with that. The cool multiplayer I was associating with Shogun II was the coop campaign mode, which makes it the only Total War game I've spent any real time with (and that's still not that much, to be honest). Of course, said mode turned out to be broken with persistent synchronization errors; that, plus the fact that the game takes something like two minutes to load on my fairly high end PC (here I mean the initial "Steam to main menu load time) meaning I had to really want to commit to a lengthy play session to make it tolerable, kinda killed my time with it. :(

Game is not good period! Only this site and Guardian reviewed it honestly!!!

Fantastic review Tom. You "literally" ripped all the thoughts directly out of my brain and put them on this site. And when I say literally, I don't mean figuratively, so please get out of my head now ok?

Tom Chick is hardly HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY.

: P

Respect to you my friend, great review, you tell it like it is and don't lie like all the other so called "game reviewers".

Your review might be good Tom but that doesn't save you from not reviewing Dota 2! Just do it (nike logo)

You are so fucked up Tom Chick ! you are a poor slefish guy and what you can do , is screwing masterpiece video games like Total War rome 2. And i am sure you do the same to GTA V ! we do not care about you and we enjoy or games. fuck you !

A 2 out of 10? A 2 _OUT OF 10_? I get that you are butthurt, but this is nothing short of deminishing any reputation you might have had as a reviewer. Just because the game is not what _you_ expected, it gets a 2 out of 10. Guess what, a lot of people like it the way it is.

Need attention much?

Expected this result.

Not from Tom but from CA. They have been so very lucky that another developer has not created a "Total War" clone, because they can be done so much better.

You are all fucking big mouse!

the editor is complaining about avatar being dropped. But the most itching issue is that you cannot see all games hosted by players globally nor you can see them on chat.

At least a honest reviever.

Tom, don't be so slefish, you screwing masterpiece we do not care about!

This is how literally every other medium is graded. It is only gaming where everything is spotted 6 points and only has to earn the last 4.

No OP DLC veterans breaking all hope for balance ,maybe? Damn you CA!!!

No,no,no Shogun 2 has nothing in compare with CIV.This is blasphemy!! Dumbed down mechanics,cheating and dumb AI,simple map ,clone troops,broken MP...

I just wanted to stop by to say THANK YOU! the only honest review by any game reviewers on this horrible horrible TW game. Every other reviewer has completely and utterly sold out. No surprise with PC Gamer, that magazine lost any credibility along with my subscription almost a decade ago. I have actually not had the pleasure of finding this site until I saw Rome 2's 84 score get knocked down to 81. Congratulations on doing the one thing absolutely none of the so called official reviews could do. Give this game a score it actually earned.