Total War Saga is Creative Assembly's bite-sized take on history

I mean it’s just conjecture but

1. There’s really nothing left to make of the Warhammer classic world. Just bits and bobs like Chaos Dwarves and Chaos armies. Hardcore fans think that’s cool - are they really going to spend 3 years or whatever to make Chaos Dwarves? I wonder.
  2. They’re not obligated to do this. I mean they said it however many years ago but they’re not selling these things as being forward compatible, imo.
  3. Performance on another map 1/3 larger again would be a real obstacle.
  4. There’s already a Chaos invasion as the major framing device. War 3 would just be, i guess, just more Chaos invasion.

whereas

1. Age of Sigmar has mix and match armies. Which would really change up the balance.
  2. Setting is new. Stupid, but new.
  3. Medieval Space Marines. They would be the first (as far as i know) to be the video game equivalent to represent Immortals or whatever they’re called.
  4. Games Workshop would probably prefer they start pushing players away from the Old World setting into the future setting they’ve laid out.

OTOH, maybe a super climactic end of the world War 3 has some appeal, and then they could do Warhammer Age of Sigmar a couple years later.

If they do make War 3 Age of Sigmar i can see a
“final” End of the World scenario for War 2. ring released eventually.