Total War: Three Kingdoms

I forget, is preloading still slower than actually downloading it? I remember decrypting used to be slow.

Looked the same to me, I just went ahead and did it because why not. I got in the habit where it was an option because sometimes they stuff a day 1 patch at you as well and I’d have to wade through that too before getting to play the game.

I remembered I had a $7 wallet credit over at Humble and that brought Three Kingdoms down to a palatable $47.53 so I pulled the trigger on this. Hype.

tick tock goes the clock

I’m west coast so it launches at midnight tomorrow. Oh well, Friday will have to do…over a long weekend no less.

Update: strange part is the steam store says 4 hours till release, perhaps this thing launches midnight tonight where I am?!

Yep, it’s midnight tonight. Just over three hours, west coast time.

I decided to preorder the game and order the Penguin edition of the novel. I really like being able to pair a map-based game with literature. Going over the game map grounds the places and characters in the story, while the story provides all sorts of inspiration for game play.

These guys have it for $44.27 for any last minute purchasers

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/total-war-three-kingdoms
ALLKEYSHOP10

Yeah, I’m just going to call it now. This is going to be the best selling Total War game to date.

I think they’re just engaging with how most people get information about games in 2019.

And Steam says the game is unlocked, but when I start it, I have an error with “ColdFusion Technology” which is apparently copy protection. And the link on the error message goes to a webpage which just hangs. There are 32 other messages on the Steam forum with the same problem.

Thanks a lot Sega/Creative Assembly. Thanks a lot Steam. You guys suck.

I don’t what to try this until I buy my new computer… Damn, I need to get on that fast…

There are now 158 people on Steam with the copy protection problem. Good job guys.

Okay, update. Someone on Steam says that they got it to work after rebooting. I rebooted my computer and I’m in. I don’t know if the reboot is what did it or if their Code Fusion system was overwhelmed and is now better able to handle requests, but if someone else gets stuck, rebooting may (or may not) help.

Is this kicking the crap out of anyone else’s gpu? 2560x1440 High settings is making my rtx 2080 cry.

China Number One!!!

For what it’s worth, it seems to be running great on my 2060 at 1080 on ultra.

People are saying it’s 5 second battle load times and 10 second end turn times!

I haven’t given a shit about a TW game since Shogun 2, but I can tell you that I will be picking this up at some point. However, it doesn’t surprise me that the seemingly intensely nationalist Chinese gamers are making this one a hit all by themselves.

Holy shit they actually did something to load times?

Hitting that buy button now.

I don’t know if it’s quite as fast for me as wisefool mentions. But it’s definitely faster than Warhammer or Rome, and the campaign map feels massive.

That’s been my biggest traditional issue with it. Guessing multicore strikes again.