Total War: Three Kingdoms

That’s the one. I fi d it refreshingly sincere and smart.

It also has a couple of truly virtuous characters in it like Liu Bei. After all the darkness and grey morality of contemporary western fantasy i find that a compelling return.

While goody-two-shoes might not be the most interesting character in himself, his virtue gives a measuring point to examine the less virtuous ones by.

By being flatly lawful good, Liu Bei offers great perspective to the wrinkles of CaoCao and Lü Bü characters.

I like virtue ethics. It is one of the oldest ethical philosophies in the west and seems to be mostly forgotten. Or perhaps it hasn’t but our heroes embody virtues like greed, opportunism and self-interest.

I’m enjoying it as well, but I can’t find Episode 6.

Thanks!

The amazing thing was that on the sarcophagus were carved in relief images of two cattle, finally putting a long standing question to rest.

/ducks

So who’s the best autoresolve player? Maybe Liu Bei with double stacks of militia? I get really tired and unable to finish campaigns.

Game has nice sunset skyboxes

…uh, I don’t think the lighting in the third one was from the sunset.

I couldn’t agree more. Top 10 movie list for me.

Moving 100 ahead past the 3K period to the Fall of the Jin period, the dynasty that succeeded the Han. Never trust Sima Yi!

Cool, I’m game, and it’s pretty inexpensive too. I like dlc that’s a separate campaign and not just content dumped into the existing game. Very much enjoyed ROTS and FOTS for Shogun 2.

It looks more like Rise of the Samurai than Fall of the Samurai to mean.

In any case, I want patches more than expansions. They’ve thrown so much into the base version of the game that I don’t really care about new campaigns. Maybe some mechanics require a little expansion, maybe some additional types of troops - I think some sort of skirmish infantry would be nice cause at the moment only one general class has access to extremely powerful ranged units as well as the only artillery.

So I’m sure I’ll get this figured out as the campaign moves along, but just wondering if anyone else has played thru a campaign already and knows the answer, as I don’t recall whether I ran into this in my first campaign as Cao Cao or not, this campaign I’m playing as Liu Bei and I decided the best way to avoid running into troubles with Cao Cao was to go after him right from the outset.

So what’s the question then, well it’s this, I’ve taken over every single province Cao Cao owns, not once but twice now, and each time I take the last one he just pops up in a new one and it says he’s relocated. Do you have to kill him in battle? Because auto-resolve does not appear to be getting it done.

This is now turning into Cao Cao whack a mole. I auto resolved these and I’m guess I’m not actually killing the guy so he’s popping randomly somewhere else (begging the question in my mind whose provinces is he just taking for his own?), do you have to fight the battle manually to insure you kill him to make sure he’s dead dead? Instead of just you know, kinda dead.

Perfectly happy to put a stake thru his heart personally, was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this with major characters from the campaign?

Wow, guess everyone must of moved on quickly from this one. Shame, it’s really rather good.

The answer to the above question was take out the capital as the remaining province and you kill the faction.

Assuming of course we’re talking about a faction organized enough to be viewed as such, I’ve got some factions running around in the vicinity my current position that are comprised of just one province with no capital, taking out that one province also removes those factions.

I couldn’t kill Cao, but my problem was each time I was about to get his last province he’d become the vassal of a great power. I haven’t been able to replicate your experience.

I’ve also never finished a campaign - got probably a dozen I hit 80+ turns. A handful where I am in the last 3 kingdoms stage. It’s just too grindy near the end and I give up like I do at warhammer.

I been thinking about starting a campaign again, thought and carefully try to build tall/rich.

I hear the western regions have all the spice? It must flow.

He probably owns more than you are aware of, thus the constantly relocating capital.

Yep, must of been the case the first couple of times I thought I had him, but this last remaining capital province I just took out was followed by a message saying Cao Cao faction was no more.

So, do believe I’ve really gotten rid of him this time. ;)

I haven’t started yet. :(