Total War: Warhammer 2

Mordheim is great. I think it had issues at the beginning with it being too brutal (namely if a character went down they were usually dead or had a terrible, career ending injury) but now is pretty forgiving in that regard. I started with the Sisters of Sigmar (battle nuns) and played as the Undead (DLC) but fell in love when I played Skaven.

Your leader is an aspiring assassin and much of the game involves your Warpguard henchmen tying up the enemy while your assassin and Nightrunner heroes rip them to shreds with Weeping Blades and Warplock pistols (though the Nightrunner, built right, can essentially paralyze foes with the shuriken). When you eventually get a Rat Ogre you start tearing apart Empire Warriors and Chaos Brethren. One of the DLC is a Poison Wind Globadier which can throw healing globes as well as poison the enemy, but I never used them much because I’d end up murdering my own guys and god forbid I run into an Undead squad full of poison immune zombies.

Someone made this sweet character planner that works great on phone too so once you start getting a bit of understanding about the game mechanics you can start theory crafting an unstoppable Mordheim squad. I should also add that I played it mostly on PS4, so its great with a controller. Movement just feels so much more natural and I didn’t have a problem navigating the menus and such.

Qt3 doesn’t have much on our forums about Mordheim but if you have any further questions I’d be happy to answer them there.