Total War: Warhammer 2

So when will this possibly be playable? It says it releases on 1/22. So is that midnight tonight then EST? Or is it sometime on the actual day in morning or afternoon?

Steam says it unlocks in 22 hours, so probably noon tomorrow (CST).

EDIT - Sometimes Steam has a countdown and things unlock earlier, so it may unlock at like 6am or something crazy, or close to 10am (though in my experience this countdown rounds UP, but that means 11am and that’s a strange time for a game to unlock, though of course not impossible). But I doubt it would be so far off as to actually be 10pm tonight or something.

Thanks I actually heard it was 4 am on Wednesday for us Yanks. But I think that above unlock appears more accurate, This add on seems to be pretty significant: Not only tomb kings but a LOT of other patched stuff.

As a more realistic total war fan I was less than thrilled with Total War: Warhammer 1. But 2 for some reason has really gripped me. Something about the ability to min/max heroes, lords, economy, stacks, and magic has me of the opinion TW:2 is special. Tighter campaign has helped, but I intend to dive into Mortal Empires soon. And these tomb kings guys? Holy crap! I may never go back to Attila or Shogun 2 again!

I haven’t scrolled up to see exactly how much info on Tomb Kings is above, but apparently it has its own (non-vortex dependent) mini campaign. Let’s hope that noon tomorrow time is correct because I am taking the day off.

3 PM GMT iirc from Twitter.

Edit:

Nice thx ShivaX! I want to do a Lawrence of Arabia undead pharaoh style! Plus it is a step forward on the overall game.

Cool 10:00 am!

Not quite.

Never invade Asia in a land war and never expect the game you want to play to be unlocked at the time you want.

It’s downloaded for me.

Yeah, it came out a little while ago now.

Everything about Settra is great.

Is there a new mini-campaign for the Tomb Kings or are they just incorporated into Vortex and/or Mortal Empires?

I’m mainly looking forward to playing them in the Vortex campaign but I’m curious.

No, they are just added to the existing two campaigns. But they have their own victory mechanics.

No more mini-campaigns, instead the extra work goes into more content, like Legendary Lords, rosters, spells/items, etc. This is true for all DLC factions going forward.

No separate campaign. Their market research determined that people preferred more legendary lords and start positions to a bespoke campaign. Which is true in my case.

True in my case as well. I was never interested in the wood elf or beastmen campaigns.

I was so happy to see that for a 6 GB DLC, 19 GB of free space wasn’t enough.

I uninstalled something and had 60 GB free. While installing I had 8 free GB.

Someday Steam’s patching system will make sense. But today is not that day.

“Want to install a 6 GB DLC? Well you need 50 GB free to do that.” Seems legit.

Please for the love of the baby Jesus, let us not get into that whole Giga-install business. The game is a resource hog and a super-pig on HD space. Hoovering up your hard drive is the game’s price of admission.

Yeah its a bad interaction between how CA wants to update all their big gigabyte packed files in a patch and how Steam keeps a copy of all patched files around in case shit breaks so it can revert.

I’m not entirely sure why they don’t structure their packed files so that the more commonly updated components are separated out.

Which is fine. Needing nearly 60 GB of free space to install a patch, however, is fucking annoying.

That’s on Steam though, not CA really.