Total War: Warhammer 2

It also doubles as a mod manager (but poorly, given the gigantic font size and whitespace)

Also the DLC that you need a total war account to access and link it to Steam is also annoying.

I still am unable to get the Gotrek & Felix DLC because that keeps erroring out.

If you are referring to me, I never said it couldn’t (or shouldn’t) be called out if folks are having trouble with it. However, it’s not the worst part of the game, that’s just silly. The Orcs right now are not in great shape, some game balance still needs some work, some of the start locations are just plain bad, there are some lingering bugs/issues I’m sure, and some units still need a bit of an overhaul. That’s all worse than “my free content requires too many clicks to get to me”.

Everything with an ongoing game development is triage.

To me that’s independent from CA trying to force customers to their website or thrust DLC ads in their face every time they load their games. Those are both conscious choices CA made not on behalf of the customer but on behalf of CA. And it wasn’t always like this as anyone who has been playing the TW titles from the beginning can attest.

Does this rank as the most important thing happening with Warhammer 2? Nah. Does that change the fact I think it’s silly behavior? Nah.

Very true. However, I just want to clarify that my only point originally (and still right now) is that saying this is the worst thing is silly (which was something you didn’t say, I am aware; I’m generalizing). I never meant to imply no one is allowed to call the process itself out.

You and I appear to be in violent agreement.

So, shall we entertain a discussion around whether the hive mind is in agreement it’ll be some kind of amazing feat to merge Warhammer 3 into one huge ME campaign?

Honestly, I’m not sure how this will end up being possible! The ME campaign takes like 12+ hours to wrap up as is, I can’t imagine adding even more to the map!

I recently started playing this and I really enjoyed the beginning of the Tyrion campaign. First Total War game for me, other than 20 minutes spent bouncing off one of the versions with muskets about 10 years ago.

I am playing vortex normal/normal and I think I am going to lose. I just don’t think I played aggressive enough and fast enough. I did not take over all the elf island, the other factions were really good allies and I felt bad attacking. 😬 Then all of the sudden the evil dark elves were on their 4th ritual. They had 26 towns. I immediately began a total war against Naggrond. Now I am bogged down in an endless 40 v 40 cycle that I just find stressful and frustrating. They have all the special lords working for them and seem to build a new 20 stack every 2 turns with a recently ressurected badass.

I finally razed the dark elf capital but now the Skaven are almost ready for their final ritual. Sigh. I guess I will play it out and see but the giant battles are really getting me down.

Thinking of starting a Norsca campaign on mortal empires next.

Even if another team completes the final ritual you can still defeat them in a battle. As long as you have one good doomstack you can completely ignore the Ritual aspect of the game if you so choose.

I’ve actually won a vortex campaign ignoring it completely until I wiped all the other major powers out.

Edited to add: if you are in a Military alliance, for victory conditions that faction counts as your own. If you are in a defensive alliance and a lot more powerful, you ought to be able to confederate the elven factions over time with no war involved. But generally you need to propose it.

I want a more bigger me campaign! With TONS of stuff! So there is my vote…

Ejo stick with it. Vortex campaign is a timer and that usually means bad for me --but it does end up working elegantly in the end.

Plus I hate rats too!

Yeah that fake time pressure on Vortex is a very neat trick before you find out its just a trick.

I realize we’ve already settled this, but I was just trying to make a joke about how great the game is, that a silly UI for free stuff would be there worst thing about it.

In any event I’m racking up the heroic victories in my empire campaign; for some reason settlement defences against undead uprisings and those battles where you send reinforcements to an elector count sometimes count even though I’m not that badly outnumbered. Whatever, I’ll take it!

I did have one great one where I had a full stack of first and second tier units besieging the vampire capital, and Vlad himself rolls down to relieve it… I managed to pull off a victory over that 1.5 stack of tier 3-ish units, and because the undead just vanish when you defeat them,I got the capital and broke their power in one (much more deservedly) heroic victory. Now that was nice. (So nice I actually saved the replay, not that I’m going to do anything with it.)

Ai can’t play either against or with undead. They don’t understand leadership decapitation rules.

Hey man, no need to harsh my buzz…

Sorry man I meant it as encouragement to play as the undead!

No worries. I do think I’m overdue for an undead playthrough.

I’ve player more VC campaigns than any other just because the additional map painting aspect of actually turning the whole world into a haunted house is fun. I’d probably enjoy this aspect of Chaos too, if their campaign wasn’t a horrible slog.

Think I’m gonna do a Skaven run, again. Clan Skyre is calling out to me once more …

I hate those darn rats. I watch my elite dwarves die by the dozen attacking their cities. God its demoralizing.

BTW without going up too far what is wrong with the interface or UI in Warhammer 2? It is essentially the same UI they’ve had since Rome 1 modified. Maybe I am just used to it?