Total War: Warhammer 2

I’m going to be honest, without even thinking I clicked that link and while it was loading I was thinking “if this fucking guy Rick Roll’d me…”

Thanks for the details! And for not taking advantage of how much of a sucker I am! :)

Haha nah, I am too excited about this stuff to do that…at least at this time :D

At the end of the last teaser it also mentions tomorrow so rumor is a trailer. So from what we can assume it will cover the 4 Chaos gods: Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeench. It also includes Kislev which are at the frontline facing Chaos often and are Russian themed.(Bears, winged Hussars etc)

Shamelessly stolen from reddit. This is extremely convincing to me if it isn’t real. Nice little Kislev vs Daemons of Khorne. Especially convincing considering that the Kislev bear cav is using the same appearance GW just showed off not long ago and the Bloodthirster is the same as one of the end times models.

Awesome piece of art! If it ends up being true, even better!

Kislev is a faction with Russian and Polish themes. Warhammer is a happy fantasy place where these two coexist in harmony. :)

Yes! Polish as well, thanks for the correction :D

KISLEV!

Can someone explain why my leader is now considered very unreliable? I am play Tryion in the vortex campaign (I think Ill no longer play on this map after this run) and I am rated as very reliable. I have no defensive pacts or millitary alliances. I do have a number of trade deals and non-aggression pacts.

So I start my 3rd vortex ritual, and within a few turns a shit-ton of people declare war on me. I think there are like 20+ factions at war with me now. Then I notice that my leader is rated as very UNreliable.

What happened?

I believe the ritual is what made you unreliable (from memory). As you progress down the ritual line, the penalties increase.

The Vortex campaign that involves control of the vortex as the end goal is the worst part of the Vortex map. The other factions that do their own thing is a bit more enjoyable, though that is personal preference. And despite everything pointing otherwise, controlling the Vortex isn’t as much of a race as it seems.

Hmm ok. I wish they would list that kind of thing. I do see the ‘hate’ penalty listed on factions dealing with vortex stuff, but nothing about making you seem unreliable.

Also, I just love it when a faction that I have a non-aggression pact with camps out in my province raiding, but if I attack him, I’m the offender. Dumb.

TL;DR - 6 Factions at release, the 4 chaos gods each get an entire faction, Kislev, and CATHAY. I mentioned it as a possibility but I’m still more surprised than I should be. Looks like Games Workshop has partnered with CA to make Cathay and Kislev full fledged factions in Age of Sigmar as well.

The preorder will be a new Race. Not announced yet. One more DLC left for TW:W2, separate from the preorder DLC.

Pretty cool. Chaos Dwarves and Ogres will be DLC factions presumably which actually makes sense. They really were never popular factions and didn’t have vast rosters so a Race pack probably fits them best. They are gonna have to do a Nagash DLC at some point too probably so their dance card is really full over at CA.

The preorder race is anyone’s guess. They need to be able to show up on the current map which probably removes Ind or Nippon but I’d say Araby, Dogs of War, Nagash, Ogres or Chaos Dwarves could all possibly be in play.

Holy shit, Cathay.

Apologies for this tangent as I am really far behind the curve with the Warhammer Total Wars. Is there any reason to play Warhammer 1 if I have Warhammer 2?

I understand most (all?) of the factions from Warhammer 1 are playable in Warhammer 2 in the Mortal Empires mode. Is that the best method to experience the factions from W1 or are there still interesting/unique reasons to play the Dwarves, etc. in Warhammer 1 via their campaigns in the first installment?

I don’t suggest ever playing the WH1 campaign. No need to even keep it installed. Just needs to be in your steam library.

This is correct.

Going back to Warhammer 1 would be painful on many levels. There have been a ton of improvements since then. Now that ME turns don’t take 5-10 minutes, I can’t think of any reason to go back to 1, unless you really, really liked the map or something, and iirc it’s basically the same map, since the Old World didn’t get warped as much in ME, but it’s been a while so I may be remembering it wrong.

Also Warhammer 3 on steam is like “add to my wishlist”?

Gotcha, thanks for the information!

Seeing bloodletters and a bloodthirster was pretty cool, I’m not gonna lie.

I wonder how they’re remotely balance Greater Daemons. Hopefully not by making them garbage.
Seriously, Sarthorael, get your shit together.

In all fairness in the tabletop game I once saw a Bloodthirster get killed in one round by some insanely lucky dwarf great cannon hit. Like a lot of GW stuff the legendarily powerful units are more powerful in lore than in actual gameplay mechanics.

I was looking at the steam page and saw “release date: late 2021”

😢

I made a Warhammer 3 thread!