Total War: Warhammer 2

He needs 85 GB because of the way Steam patches. It basically patches a copy of the files and copies them over, and as TW has big files, you need a lot of space.

It’s needs 85GB in total, but you already presumably have 40GB of it allocated to your Warhammer 2 install. You need to make sure you have 42.5 to 45GB free for the patch tomorrow.

It literally says right in the FAQ.

Total disk space required during update installation (includes 44.5 GB temporary files for installation process): ~85 GB

You need 85 GB free to install. Period. That does not include whatever TWW2 takes up. It requires 85 GB after that. So basically 125 GB of space for the game during the installation process.

Yes, the 42.5GB patch requires 85GB because of how Steam patches. When the dust settles, the final foot print will be 85GB for the game total, but you’ll need extra space during the installation.

That is going to be an issue for Steam down the road. SSD’s with limited space, and bigger and bigger games? I wonder if its possible for them to change to client this late in the game.

Yeah, I am not sure what can be done about it but I’m hoping Steam is at least researching alternate ways to patch. Even if you could just pick a spare drive, like an attached spinning disk, in a setting somewhere to use as temporary data drop location?

I’m not going to argue with crazy people. But to anyone else who’s thinking ‘I have to free 85GB on my disk to install the patch?’ No you don’t. You probably need 45GB. Which is pretty annoying, but not 85GB annoying.

Dude. I don’t see why you’re bringing my brother into this.

LOL I didn’t have a picture of you! :)

85GB total, including the space that TW WH 2 takes. If you have it installed it’s 45GB free.

Correct.

Except during the installation, when you need ~85GB free.

From the very thing you just posted.

"Total disk space required during update installation (includes 44.5 GB temporary files for installation process): ~85 GB"

Emphasis mine.

If you don’t have Warhammer 2 already installed.

Total disk space is WH2 space (40.5GB) plus 44.5GB of temporary files (the space that needs to be free) = 85GB

Give up, it’s doomed. 18 hours and certain people will be too embarrassed to show their faces in this thread again…

I don’t believe that’s correct, no.

Ok, I’m done.

I have 55 GB free. I wonder if I will be able to install?

(hint, I will)

Good night everyone!

I don’t know what you guys think we are doing here, this information is coming directly from the blog and the patch notes. It literally says right in the FAQ you need 85GB of space to install the patch.

I have 60GB free, so looks like I’m on the fast train to tear town tomorrow. I’ll be back to complain about how I couldn’t update and play Mortal Empires. OR WILL I??? Tune in tomorrow for the exciting conclusion to our story.

I really hope you guys are right, because it’s going to be a PITA for folks with low disk space and the steam reviews will take a completely unnecessary hit (it’s a Steam issue, not a Total War issue) but the blog is listing every thing that will happen and one line item literally says it needs 85GB for that part of the installation, and then the final size is 42GB when it’s all said and done, so I have a bad feeling you guys will not be happy campers tomorrow.

Beautiful.